Tuesday, May 20, 2014

DVD Review: Strawberry Shortcake Fun Under the Sun





Strawberry Shortcake: Fun Under The Sun
Join Strawberry Shortcake and her berry best pals on some sweet sunshine adventures! Blueberry makes a berry big blunder when she overhears Strawberry and thinks her friend is taking all the pals on a tropical vacation. After Blueberry makes some very funny attempts to make things right, Orange Blossom tries to build the girls their own fabulous resort. When they all work together to make it Berry Bitty City-style, it’s perfect...so perfect, in fact, that TV host Mavis Maraschino decides to do a segment on Cherry Jam right then and there! Will the girls ever get the Fun Under the Sun they’ve been dreaming of?
 
Special Features
·      “It’s A Beautiful Lovely Wonderful Day” Music Video 
·      Printable Coloring Pages

Where to Buy

You can find Strawberry Shortcake Fun Under the Sun in stores nationwide or online on Amazon.

My Thoughts


When I was a little girl, I loved Strawberry Shortcake. I had dolls, miniatures, and even my bed sheets were Strawberry Shortcake. Now that I am grown up with two little girls of my own, I was excited to see that my favorite character was still around. She has had a little bit of a makeover since the 80's, but all in all, she is still the same Strawberry Shortcake that I know and love. And now there are more than just toys to enjoy. Strawberry Shortcake has her own line of movies, and the newest in the DVD collection is Fun Under the Sun.
In this DVD, Strawberry Shortcake and her friends are enjoying some fun in the sun. First Blueberry jumps to conclusions when she overhears Strawberry taking. She thinks their friend is taking everyone one a tropical vacation. To try to stop their friends from being disappointed when this isn't the case, Orange Blossom creates their very own tropical resort right in their own back yard. They do such a good job, a local TV personality comes to check out their resort, which seems great until it becomes all work and no play. All the girls want is to have fun, but it seems like they'll never get the chance.
Both my daughters loved sitting down to watch this film together. It's the perfect choice for a little girl and a great film to have around for rainy summer days. In addition to a fun storyline, there are always great underlying messages, the most important always being that friendship can help you overcome any problems.



5 comments:

lil_lady_dz said...

My daughter loves strawberry shortcake and I grew up watching it. It weird how cartons look so different now and how the charaters looks have changed I like the 80's verison better.

Jan Lee said...

I used to love Strawberry Shortcake and her friends. I don't remember all their names but I do remember that they had names like Blueberry Muffin, Cherry something and Lemon something lol I also remember they came out with stickers that smelled like the name of the fruit or dessert that they represented :)

An Apel a Day said...

She's changed a lot since I was a kid. I still like her though.

Tamra Phelps said...

This reminds me of when my nephew was a baby. His Mom sang a song from this show to him "You're my sweetie pie...the apple of my eye", he loved the song.

rj7777 said...

I love this character. She is sweet and it is great for kids too. i like the idea of morals and friendship too. Thanks for the nice review of the story. Rita Spratlen