Thursday, June 3, 2021

NOVA: Looking for Life on Mars DVD


Follow along as NASA launches the Mars 2020 Mission, perhaps the most ambitious hunt ever for signs of life on Mars. For the first time, in February 2021, a rover will attempt a risky landing in Jezero Crater, the coveted site of an ancient river delta that could possibly be a cradle of life.

My Thoughts

I love documentaries, especially ones that take me to places I know I'll never be able to visit myself. Looking for Life on Mars gives us a look at the world through the eyes of an astronaut. Using footage from rovers, we get to see what Mars looks like up close and personal.  As the rover crosses treacherous terrain, scientists search for signs of life on a planet billions of miles away.

I really enjoyed watching this. Even though its barren, the colors of the mars are so spectacular. To see another planet shows us  how small we are in the vastness of the universe really puts things into perspective. This is a great documentary to watch with your children. It will help them learn a little about the universe they live in.

0 comments: