Monday, March 15, 2021

American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder - Prairie to Page DVD

 American Masters: Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page presents an unvarnished look at the unlikely author whose autobiographical fiction helped shape American ideas of the frontier and self-reliance. A Midwestern farm woman who published her first novel at age 65, Laura Ingalls Wilder transformed her frontier childhood into the best-selling "Little House" series.

My Thoughts

When I was a little girl, I loved Little House o the Prairie. I cheered Laura when she stood up the bullies and cried when her baby died. When I got a little older, I also read the entire book  series. This documentary gives you an immediate look at the author of the series. She published her first book when she was sixty-five and tells us how her daughter was an integral part of the writing process.

If you'd like to grab a copy of this awesome DVD for yourself, you can find it online at PBS.org or Amazon.


0 comments: