Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Dove UltraCare Collection Review.

Your hair is unique. Shouldn’t your conditioner be, too? I wanted to be one of the first to tell you about Dove’s NEW UltraCare collection, the brand’s first-ever customized conditioner series.

Available in three different formats (a foam, milk gel and crème!) and formulated with our patented Micro-Conditioning Complex, it’s designed to deliver the right level of nourishment that truly gets your hair. Providing a whole new way to choose the right levels of nourishment for your hair type, it’ll leave your hair nourished, healthy looking and cared for.

Dove UltraCare Conditioners is the brand’s first-ever conditioner series with three customized formats to care for your hair.

Crème: The most potent conditioner in the range, contains the highest levels of innovative Dove Micro-Nourishing Complex to fortify and instantly smooth each strand to look glossy and healthy. While the Micro-Conditioning Complex and unique patented conditioner technology nourish and visibly repair hair from the outside, Keratin Repair Actives get to work at the core of every strand, helping to strengthen hair’s internal bonds.

Milk Gel: The innovative foaming technology utilizes tiny bubbles of moisture to ensure that the formula is lighter than a conventional conditioner and can run through hair with ease, detangling, smoothing and hydrating hair in an instant.

Foam: The glossy Milk Gel formula contains powerful plant-based moisturizing agents, able to replace the heavy waxes used in conventional conditioners, to supply the much-needed moisture without the weight.


My Thoughts:


I've been a fan of Dove products for many years. I was raised using their soap that was always extremely moisturizing for my sensitive skin. As I got older, I fell in love with their body washes. When I heard Dove was coming out with the UltraCare collection, it was so exciting. Dove was kind enough to share this line with me and I can't want wait to share it with you. Thank you, Dove!

Having fine, thin hair, I could not wait to try the foam line. Never hearing of foam conditioners before, this was such a unique product line that quickly became my favorite. After dispensing it in the shower, it smelled amazing. Not too strong, but just enough to add a classy fragrance. What I noticed about the foam conditions is that they deposit very nicely and saturate the hair follicles without feeling heavy.

My first foam attempt was with the Weightless Volume conditioner. After blow drying my hair, I was shocked at the volume I had. Not only did it liven my hair, it did indeed feel weightless. The best part? The volume stayed all day! Unlike other styling products that eventually fade, my hair remained looking vibrant and full of life. The second Foam conditioner was the Weightless Moisture. I loved this one! It made my scalp feel hydrated and left a soft, shiny sheen to my hair. This one also felt just as weightless as the other and had a similar unique scent.


The second conditioners I tried were the Balanced Repair Milk Gel and the Balanced Moisture Milk Gel. This was an interesting texture and great smell. I wouldn't say it's a gel as much as a thick serum almost. Still, it went on extremely well and felt very silky on my scalp. After showering I noticed that it did indeed make my hair look more radiant. The difference between the Balanced Repair and the Balanced Moisture was that one left my scalp feeling more hydrated and shiny, while the Repair added more texture and natural bounce. My mom tried both lines as well and said it was like it put life back into her damaged hair.

Lastly, I had the unique Concentrated Repair Creme and Concentrated Moisture Creme conditioners. These are great for hair that are thick in texture and very dry or damaged. Since my hair is fine, I took only a little bit of the thick creamy conditioner. I was quick to see that a little does go a long way. As for fragrance, these were the strongest smelling and it was delightful. Not only did the creme make my hair feel extremely soft and lightweight, the smell stayed with me.

If you are looking for a new line of conditioners to upgrade to or try, I highly recommend Dove's UltraCare line. These are all incredible and give higher end brands a run for their money. I will certainly be continuing to use these in my beauty routine.

Connect with Dove:









0 comments: