Friday, August 22, 2014

Back to School Must Have - TCL VIBE™ TRAVEL ALARM CLOCK




In a few weeks, my kids will be heading back to school. For the most part, it's an exciting time, but one of the things that make it frustrating is trying to get my tween son to get his butt out of bed. This kid can sleep through anything. Fire alarms going off in the middle of the night didn't wake him up, so you can be sure a regular alarm clock is useless where he's concerned.  I have two younger children that need me to get them dressed in the morning, so I don't have time to chase around the big kids.

The TLC Vibe Alarm Clock from Amplicom has all the features I look for in a digital clock. The numbers are large and easy to read in both the daytime and when the lights are out for the evening.  The alarm is loud enough that it will wake up most people. It even includes the indoor temperature. It's very compact so it's great for traveling. But what makes it special, is that this clock also comes with a vibrating wrist band. This means, no more sleeping through the beeping. When the alarm goes off, the bracelet vibrates and even the soundest sleeper can't ignore it.



In addition to being a great feature for people who have trouble getting up, this is also perfect for those who may be working different schedules. My husband works late at night, and he doesn't want to get up at six am when I have to get the kids ready for school. With this alarm clock, I can turn off the volume so the vibration only wakes me up. It's also beneficial for anyone who has experienced hearing loss. You have the option of using the alarm, the wristband, or both to suite your personal situation.

The wristband includes a Velcro strap and transmitter that charges via a USB. Once charged there is a small pocket to slide the vibrator into.The clock operates using three triple A batteries, which are included in the box. While I do like the idea of batteries for travel use, I do wish it also included a wire for when we're at home. There is a power indicator to let you know when the batteries are getting drained, but I doubt I will notice until it's too late.  Despite this, I really like this alarm clock. It was the perfect choice for my tween son, and I know our back to school routine will run a lot smoother. 

To learn more about this great product and all the gadgets at Amplicom, be sure to visit their website or follow their social media.

Twitter
Facebook
Linked In
Google +



0 comments: