Sunday, March 23, 2014

Think PEEPS for Spring and Easter!




With warmer weather on the horizon and longer days filled with sunshine ahead it’s time to officially THINK SPRING! What better way to celebrate than with PEEPS! Enjoy the marshmallowy goodness of PEEPS® to help channel your inner Easter Bunny and express your PEEPSONALITY®! 




This year PEEPS® Easter offerings include:
·         PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks (in colors: yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue)
·         PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies (in colors yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue)
·         PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
·         PEEPS Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Chicks
·         PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
·         PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies
·         PEEPS® Large Marshmallow Bunnies
·         PEEPS® Chick in a Hollow Milk Chocolate Egg
·         PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks (Individual Size)
·         PEEPS® Rainbow Pop
·         PEEPS® Sugar-Free Marshmallow Chicks
·         PEEPS® Peepsters® (bite sized chocolate candies filled with sweet marshmallow crème)



These delectable treats can be found nationwide at grocery and mass retailers, PEEPS & Company retail stores or at www.peepsandcompany.com




My Thoughts

As soon as we see the Peeps on the shelves, we know it's time for Easter. When I was a kid, it was just the yellow chicks, but Peeps have evolved over the years and now they offer a whole slew of colors and flavors perfect for all your spring celebrations. From mouse flavored chocolate dipped chicks to a chocolate egg with the Peep hiding inside, there is something for everyone. But did you know that Peeps are good for more than just eating. They also make great craft supplies! I'm not the most artistic person, but my daughter wanted to try out one of the crafts, so we went to the website to search for ideas. One that I thought might be easy enough for her was the Easter Wreath. These were some of the ones that inspired us.



To create our wreath all we needed were a box of peeps, a pretty ribbon, and a needle and thread. We actually sowed the pieces together. I considered gluing them to a plate, but my daughter wanted to be able to eat them when we were done. I wanted to try the rainbow design, but my daughter insisted it had to be all pink. Thankfully,we had some pink ribbon handy to match it. I had to help her get the needle through the marshmallow when we started each new piece, but she had fun pulling the string and linking them all together. Our results were not as impressive as some of the others on the Peeps website, but for a three-year-old and her clumsy mom, I think we did okay.


Our wreath didn't last long, since my daughter ate the pink Peeps right off the string after dinner that night, but it was still a fun endeavor and a great new family tradition. It sort of reminded me of stringing popcorn with my grandmother on Christmas and I look forward to trying it again next year. In the meantime, we'll be celebrating spring with a variety of Peeps products that made my whole family happy! My personal favorites are the chocolate covered Peepsters.



Can you guess which one my daughter loved the most?



If you want to pick up some Peeps for your spring and Easter celebrations, you can find them in stores nationwide. For more fun craft ideas, be sure to check out the Peeps website.



0 comments: