Monday, October 7, 2013

Epson Expression Premium XP-810 Small-in-One Review



Epson America, Inc. today launched the feature-rich Epson® Expression® Premium XP-810 and XP-610 Small-in-One printers designed for today’s busy families and photo enthusiasts. Packing ultra -powerful performance into an ultra-slim design, the Expression Premium series leverages Epson's MicroPiezo® printing technology and Claria® Premium inks to produce consumer-rated unbeatable quality1 prints at home or on-the-go with Epson Connect  for easy printing from a tablet, smartphone or computer from literally anywhere in the world2.
The Expression XP-810 and XP-610 are designed as complete wireless solutions, featuring built-in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n3 and Wi-Fi Directfor network-free printing.  Both models are always ready to print, offering built-in memory card slots for PC-free printing, automatic two-sided printing to save paper4, easy-to-use creative tools such as a dedicated photo tray and direct CD/DVD printing, as well as built-in auto photo correction tools.  


“Expression Premium Small-in-Ones are designed to provide busy households and photo enthusiasts with a powerful creativity tool, packing a robust feature set and unbeatable photo quality into an ultra slim design,” said Joe Keller, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. “With comprehensive wireless capabilities and Epson Connect mobile printing solutions, it’s now easier than ever for consumers to print from the home or anywhere in the world.” 
The flagship Expression XP-810 adds a 30-page Auto Document Feeder for automatic two-sided copying, scanning and faxing, a 3.5-inch touchscreen with gesture navigation for easy setup and operation, specialty paper support through its rear paper feed5, and an auto-extend paper output tray. Plus, time-saving, bonus templates are also available for printing lined school paper, graph paper, calendar pages, and custom note paper with personal photos – all without a computer.
Additional Expression Premium Small-in-One Features:
·         Epson Connect – easily print and scan from anywhere with Epson Email Print, Epson iPrint mobile app, and  Epson Remote Print
·         Print speeds of 14 ISO ppm for black and 11 ISO ppm for color and 13 ppm black and 10 ISO ppm color for the XP-810 and XP-610 respectively6
·         Print borderless 4” x 6” photos –  in as fast as 12 seconds7 (XP-810)
·         High-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi (XP-610) and 400 dpi (XP-810)
·         PC-free photo printing with card slots and built-in photo correction that automatically corrects digital images, including advanced face detection and color correction
·         Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STAR® qualified, support of recycled paper, RoHS compliant and designed to be recycled8
·         Built in Ethernet networking (XP-810)
·         Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed; standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Expression Premium XP-610 ($149.99*) and Epson Expression XP-810 ($229.99*) will be available in mid-September through major retailer stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.epson.com.



My Thoughts

I am completely inept when it comes to electronics. Really, I have no idea how I manage to run this blog.  Yet, the Epson Expression Premium XP-810 was super simple to set up.  Just a few simple steps and it was up and running wirelessly from both my desktop computer, my husband's laptop, and even my kids' iPads. One of the really great features of this printer is that once connected to these devices, you can print pictures from pretty much anywhere. To be honest, I had a hard time figuring out how this part worked, but that's what a have a teenager for.  They are the ones that use wireless devices anyway. Using Epson Connect, my daughter was able to send pictures of her little sister on the pony ride right to the printer while we were still at the fall festival. All she had to do was go online and download the app.




I was also really impressed with how long the ink is lasting. As an author and a mom of four, my printer works overtime and the old cartridges never seemed to last long enough. I've been using these for over a week and printed tons of images with no need for refills. I must have printed at least twenty color pictures as well as fifty pages of my newest novel. On my last printer I was lucky if I got ten pictures out of it before at least one color ran out.  When you do start running low on ink, you can replace one color at a time so nothing is wasted.

One of the other features of the Epson that I had to share is the scanning abilities. The picture below is my great grandmother and its over one hundred years old. Time was taking its toll on this photo and without scanning it, I might have lost it forever. Now, I was able to share in on my face book page and tag all cousins from all over the country so we can all share in these fond memories. That was probably the best gift that Epson provided.  I was also able to print copies and the quality was amazing, even using this old world photo.  Of course, the scanner also comes in handy for sending back signed contracts and other work tasks. I used to either mail contracts or run to the library to have them faxxed, but now I can handle it all from the comfort of my own home. 




There are a few other things worth a mention. While I haven't had a chance to try it out since I have no one to send anything to and I normally prefer scanning, there is a built in fax machine. It's also a compact machine with no messy wires. It doesn't take up a lot of space and fits snugly right next to the monitor on my desk.  So far, I have had no issues with paper jams or smearing when printing photos or documents.  Overall, I am very impressed with everything this printer is able to do. I've used more expensive models in the past that didn't work nearly as well.  This printer is a great price, does it all, and I would definitely recommend it.

 If you would like to learn more about the Epson Expression Premium XP-810 , or any of the awesome products in the Epson family, check out their website.  To keep up with new products and promotions, be sure to follow them on twitter.  Epson has always been my top pick for printers, and now I have even more reasons to love them.


***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***
.


0 comments: