Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: Not Your Mother's Book on Being a Stupid Kid




The title says it all. Being a stupid kid. Period. There’s nothing worse than getting caught with your hand in the proverbial cookie jar, yet alone confessing to all those stupid things you did when you were a kid and lived to tell about. Yes, you know where the bodies are buried.

Inside, you’ll read stories about crazy capers, double-dog dares and outlandish adventures—those youthful escapades you never shared with your parents! Whether it was driving on thin ice (literally), getting your younger brother to jump off a roof, hitchhiking to see the Beatles, throwing tomatoes at cops or nearly blowing up your house, we all did stupid kid things and survived. Thus the reason to hide this book from your youngsters and especially your teenagers . . . you might give them ideas!

Nearly 60 authors have shared their stories, and many have provided old photos that we have included at the end of their stories. Join us for a laugh-filled trip down Memory Lane.


 Where to Buy

You can find Not Your Mother's Book on Being  Stupid Kid on amazon in both print and ebook versions.



 Our Thoughts


This book took me a while to get through honestly. It was a great book, but not one you sit and read in one setting. I found that I would read two to three stories each day, and maybe not pick it up for a few days.

These stories range from driving a car across a lake to losing your bra on a roller coaster! All in all a funny book, which had me laughing more times than not. I really enjoyed reading some of these out loud to my husband and wondering how in the world some of these scenarios were thought up to begin with! LOL They HAD to know it was a bad idea from the start right?

I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars only because I couldn't read it in a short amount of time.

Reviewed by Steph


 ***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: