Friday, September 30, 2011

Disney's Lion King Diamond Edition Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack Review



The wait is over! For the first time ever, experience the majesty of Disney’s epic animated masterpiece as it roars onto Blu-ray! With a spectacular picture, spine-tingling high definition sound and immersive bonus features—you will feel the love for this critically acclaimed and universally beloved classic like never before!

Embark on an extraordinary coming-of-age adventure as Simba, a lion cub who cannot wait to be king, searches for his destiny in the great “Circle of Life.” You will be thrilled by the breathtaking animation, unforgettable Academy Award®–winning music (1994: Best Original Score; Best Song, “Can You Feel The Love Tonight”) and timeless story. The king of all animated films is destined for greatness on Blu-ray!


Our Thoughts:  I remember watching the Lion King in the movie theater when I was a freshman in high school with a whole group of friends. No one thought we were "too cool" for this Disney cartoon. The audience was packed with everyone from toddlers to senior citizens.  Its a movie that was an instant classic and that people of all ages love. I had the VHS copy of it for years, and just recently it finally gave out on me. So of course I was thrilled to see that Disney was releasing the Diamond addition Blu-Ray/ DVD combo from the Disney Vault.

My children and I watched the Diamond Edition on Blu Ray, and it was like being back in the theater all those years ago. The picture quality and sound is amazing. We watched Simba grow, cried when his father was killed, and danced and sang along with all our favorite songs. In addition to the feature film, we also had a few good laughs watching the new animated bloopers. My Disney collection wouldn't have been complete without the Lion King and I am thrilled to have had the chance to share this timeless film with my children. 

The Lion King Diamond Addition Blu-Ray & DVD combo is available online and in stores nationwide beginning October 4th. You can pre-order   a copy on Amazon for the discounted price of only $24.99  Grab one for your kids today because The Lion King is a movie every family needs to have in their collection. This film is only available for a limited time. So don't wait! Get yours today!

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: