Sunday, October 31, 2021

Holiday Gift Guide - The Many Lives Boo


 I am an artist that got laid off from Walt Disney Imagineering right before the Covid lockdown.  I started painting images of my cat while sheltering in place, and haven’t stopped.  A few years ago, I misread an email message regarding Boo’s test results, believing that he would only be alive for two more years.  This resulted in my decision to make his “last year” memorable by painting pictures of him.  

 
I recalled an incident from five years ago, when I had a friend cat sit him while I visited my family back east.  She never saw him the entire time I was away.  As he was an older cat with multiple health issues, I feared that he had wandered off to cross the rainbow bridge.  The idea of not knowing what happened to him was very unsettling.  A couple of days after returning from my trip, I posted flyers with his picture.  That very night, he came home.  I was so happy to snuggle with him, knowing he was alive and well!  
 
The following day, I received a phone call from a neighbor.  She saw the flyer and said that Boo has been coming to her house for lunch every day for the past twelve years!  He had been staying with her the entire time I was away, and even slept in her bed.  It felt odd, at first: it was as if I had discovered his secret life with another woman.  She then added that he also visited her neighbor, who usually fed him dinner along with the other cats she cares for.  
 

The very next day, a young girl called me to say the Boo was her sister’s best friend - and that her sister was a special needs child.  I was so moved by that call, and impressed with his ability to become friends with the neighbors that I hardly knew.  I no longer felt odd.  He is a very social kitty, with a lot of love to give.  It seemed selfish of me to deprive him of their love, or them of his. It made me wonder as to how many others he can charm, and how many other lives he has lived.  
 
My budget is limited as to what I can afford to donate to charitable causes.  However, I can donate my time and creativity.  I created this calendar as a way for Boo to continue to enhance the lives of others and to help other cats in need.  A portion of the profits from the sales of this calendar will go to Cat Rescue organizations.  I hope that it will make people smile every day - as it does for me.


***DISCOUNT CODE***

If you want to get a the 2022 Many Lives of Boo Calendar for yourself, now would be the perfect time. Just enter the code NEWAGEBOO at checkout to get  off your order.

0 comments: