Saturday, May 24, 2014

Keep Your Kids Ahead With Summer With ABCMouse.com





My daughter will be heading to preschool next year, and I want her to be prepared. I've heard only good things about ABCMouse.com, but I was still leery about signing up. Despite being a blogger, I am hopelessly impaired when it comes to technology.  I have no idea how to work apps most of the time.  I was worried ABCMouse might be too complicated for me to set up, but I was completely wrong. Nothing could be easier.




I was able to download the ABCMouse app onto our iPad, and it was simple. After signing up through the website, I was brought right to iTunes where I downloaded everything. From there I added my two younger children. For each one, I created an avatar that looks just like them, picked out a teacher, and even a few class pets. You are also able to select their age range so the games they see are geared to their learning level.



Once the kids started playing, there was no stopping them. There is just so much to do. There are stories to read, games to play, music videos, coloring pages and so much more. The best thing is, every one of the games are educational, so kids are always learning something. As they play, they can earn points to buy little trinkets to put in their virtual house. My son couldn't wait to get a choo-choo train bed and worked hard to get enough points to earn one. Kids can also explore the zoo, farms, and learn what it's like to be in a classroom.



One of the things I really love is how the games are customizable to your child's age. Most apps I've tried appealed to one child or the other, but never both. Either they wouldn't be challenging enough for the preschooler or too hard for my younger son. ABCMouse offers games they can both enjoy, whether it's beginner reading or just picking out a letter. Even just a few weeks into our trail, they have both improved in their reading and/or letter recognition as well as  counting.



If you want to give ABCMouse a try, now would be a great time. There is no risk with singing up because the first month is absolutely free. If you don't see your child advancing in leaps and bounds, you can cancel your subscription at any time. I, for one, plan on keeping ABCMouse around for quite a while. With summer coming up, its a great time to keep kid's minds active and encourage them to develop all their skills.


3 comments:

rochelle said...

nice kids would love this

Shannon said...

This sounds like a great learning tool and I like that you can customize it according to your child's age.

Tamra Phelps said...

I've seen a lot of ads for this & heard good things about it. If I had a kid I'd try this!