Friday, May 30, 2014

Father's Day Gift Guide- Darth Vader and Son Book








 Darth Vadar and Son Book

In this hilarious and sweet comic re-imagining, Darth Vader is a dad like any other—except with all the baggage of being the Dark Lord of the Sith. Jeffrey Brown's delightful illustrations give classic Star Wars® moments a fresh twist, presenting the trials and joys of parenting through the lens of a galaxy far, far away. A great Father's Day Gift! 





Our Thoughts

My family is one of those that bonds over the Star Wars universe. No day is complete without a couple quotes from the movie. I even have the Imperial March set as my phone’s ring tone. Not only did I pick out the copy of “Darth Vader and Son” for my husband and his young apprentice, but for my father-in-law as well (who is a huge Darth Vader fan).  I thought it would be something that the three of them could enjoy together. 

As a publisher, the first thing that caught my attention was the quality of the book. It was sturdy with high quality paper. The illustrations were vivid and exciting, instantly catching the eye of my toddler. I was even more impressed that it stood up to the test of my two-year-old padiwan. 

Reading the book was a real treat for the adults in the family, though the jokes were not something that my son could understand. Jeffrey Brown does an outstanding job of capturing the spirit of that galaxy (far, far away) and integrating it with the everyday joys of being a parent. If you have a sense of humor and an adventurous child in your life, I highly recommend this little book for the Star Wars lovers in your life.

Guest Review By Angie M.



0 comments: