Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Fit with NutriSystem Week #13 #NSNation

 
 
  I knew this was going to be a challenging week. Mother's Day weekend is always a big event for my family. Not only because of the holiday, but because its the weekend our restaurant opens up for the season. Its a tradition for our family to come down for the weekend and we meet various relatives for breakfast and dinner. Which meant that for those meals, I wasn't eating my NutriSystem food.  It was really only two days, and  I tried to make up for some of it with extra exercise. Another tradition for us has always been walking on the boardwalk and taking the kids on the rides. Its a one mile walk each way, plus I was pushing a double stroller, so hopefully that helped burn off some of those extra calories  The rest of the week, I was extra good, and stuck to the program religiously.  I didn't lose any weight this week, but I maintained last week's weight of 136, which is honestly better than I had expected..
 
NutriSystem does provide some really helpful tips when you're eating out. They have recommendations for almost any type of restaurant, so you can try to chose things that have less calories. I could have followed this advice, and I might have lost a little more this week. But to be honest, it was Mother's Day and I think I deserved to just eat my favorite Stuffed French Toast. It might have been more calories than a whole week's worth of NutriSystem food, but, wow, it was worth it! Hopefully, now that I got it out of my system, I'll stick to the fruit bowl for breakfast next time I go to the restaurant.
 
 

This week, I got another batch of food, which is always exciting. The fridge and my cabinets are packed with goodies. There were a few new items in with the mix this month. One of them is the chocolate sandwich cookies!  "This classic cookie features a creamy filling with a crunchy chocolate cookie hug, just like your favorite childhood snack! Since this sweet treat fits perfectly into your diet plan, the only question left is do you twist and lick, or crunch straight through?"
 
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visitin. http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog . Also be sure to follow Nutrisystem on face book and twitter to keep up with all the bloggers in the program. You'll also be the first to hear about fun promotions and discounts. Right now they are they are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a 40% off sale, so its a great time to take the plunge. Be sure to stay tuned for next week's most when we talk a little about the specific breakdown of meals in the plan!

Please note that Nutrisystem is providing their program free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program. Opinion expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.

0 comments: