Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Fit with NutriSystem Week #3 #NSNation




The NutriSystem plan is not just about losing weight. Its about staying healthy and fit.  In order to achieve and maintain your weight goals, you need to lead an active lifestyle. I am normally a very active person. My family are avid beach goers, hikers, and all around nature lovers, so I spend lots of time walking. I also enjoy doing yoga at night whenever I can squeeze it in.  Being active definitely effects my weight gain.  I think the main reason I gained so much weight with my last pregnancy is because I was on bed rest for four months from complications, and couldn't burn off the extra calories I was consuming.

With the NutriSystem program, they recommend you exercise at least three times a day for ten minutes. This can range from something as simple as an afternoon walk to  full cardio workout. They even give you little tips for busy days, like parking all the way in the back of the parking lot and walking to the store. Normally this type of active routine is no challenge for me.  I take the kids out for a walk twice every day for about half an hour, and I have been trying harder to make time for yoga every night. And I think chasing my toddler while carrying my 25 pound baby around should definitely count as well! I'm happy to say that my tween daughter is even picking up on the healthy habits I'm learning from NutriSystem. She has been exercising with me, and choosing a cheese stick or celery over other snacks.

The reason I decided to talk about the exercise this week, is because I saw the difference it makes in my weight loss when I don't do these things everyday. This week, it rained two days, and the rest of the week, I was stuck inside with sick kids. My baby has mild pneumonia and my toddler is having some issues with her teeth, so I spent the better part of the week in doctor's offices, which meant no walking. And its hard to get into a downward dog position when you're holding a fussy baby. So no yoga either...I didn't gain any weight back, but I stayed exactly where I was this entire week. I am still at 144.4.  The kids are doing better now, so I'm hoping to get back on track with my exercise today.



On the bright side, I'm still managing to eat right which kept me from going gaining any weight back. And I have to say, that the lunch bars come in really handy when you're on the go! So I thought that they would be a great item to feature as my pick of the week.  There are several flavors to choose from, but my favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Bar. Who says you can't have candy for lunch!   "There's no better flavor combination than chocolate and peanut butter, and in this satisfying lunch bar, you get them both! Sweet crispies and chunks of dry roasted peanuts are topped with a layer of peanut butter. The whole bar is then wrapped in milk chocolate. It's sweet and satisfying—the perfect choice for lunch on the go."

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting
http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog .  Also be sure to follow Nutrisystem on face book and twitter to keep up with all the bloggers in the program. You'll also be the first to hear about fun promotions and discounts. Right now they are they are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a 40% off sale, so its a great time to take the plunge.  Be sure to stay tuned for next week's most when we talk a little about the specific breakdown of meals in the plan!


Please note that Nutrisystem is providing their program free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program. Opinion expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.

1 comments:

Kat said...

Great post! My family i think is needing a little more healthy activities lately. My husband and I are getting a bit heavy. This will help us think of ways to adopt a more healthy lifestyle!