Friday, March 9, 2012

Getting Fit with NutriSystem Week #2 #NSNation




The Nutrisystem diet is not about starving yourself or going without the foods  you love. Its about eating the right foods and spacing them out so your body can break them down properly. This week, I thought I'd share the typical breakdown for the day if you are on the Nutrisystem Program. You can keep track of this using the Daily Tracker book or online if you are a VIP member.



Breakfast-You can choose from a variety of tasty meals ranging from omelets to granola bars. This is also the recommended time of day to have your protein shake, which comes in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and coffee. Between the two, I feel full through the rest of the morning, and sometimes I don't even need the morning snack.

 Morning Snack-If you start to feel hungry before lunch you can have a little snack. This is not something included in the Nutrisystem food, but should be a fresh grocery item. You should choose from a list of "Smart Fuels" including an egg, yogurt, nuts, or string cheese. The daily planner helps you determine the serving size you should stick to in order to keep to your diet plan.

Lunch: Lunch entrees can be a snack bar, chicken soup, a or a toasted sandwich to name just a few options. There are tons of choices in the both the frozen and shelf stable foods. Along with your entree, you can also have your second Power Fuel of the day. I normally have a cup of low fat yogurt.

Afternoon Snack-Its time for your SmartCarb. I have been sticking with fresh fruit like a cup of berries or a half a grapefruit. But you can also have hummus, starchy vegetables, whole grain English Muffins and more.

Dinner- The Nutrisystem menu has dozens of tasty dinner entries. I can almost always pick something that goes along with what my family is eating. I have pizza for family pizza night, stuffed shells when they eat pasta, and even sloppy Joes. From gourmet to everyday, there is something for everyone. You also get a second SmartCarb with your meal. I normally go with a second serving of fruit.

Dessert-Yes, you actually get dessert when you're on a diet! There is chocolate cake, brownies, ice cream, pretzels and so much more. It doesn't matter if you're craving salty or sweet, you can have whatever you need to get you through the night.

Vegetables-In addition to all the food I already mentioned, you should also have AT LEAST four servings of vegetables mixed in with your meals. Maybe some celery with lunch, asparagus or mushrooms with dinner. If I find myself hungry after dessert, I will even munch of on a carrot.

Water-My biggest challenge in the plan. You are supposed to drink eight glasses of water everyday.  They even give you a big water bottle which you should be filling up once a day. I have only been drinking one a day. Which is an improvement since I used to live on coffee. I'm trying to do better with that. I have the bottle on my desk and take it with me everywhere I go, and I don't drink anything else except one cup of coffee in the morning.

So there you have it, that is all the foods you eat in day. I still have had no issues with being hungry. This is more than enough food for one person in an average day. And again, I have to mention how much my energy level has gone up since I started eating the right things. And you don't have to stick to this exact schedule. It is okay to mix things around a little.



Now, here my pick of week. This is one of my favorite entrees from the plan that I tried this week. Since I am a breakfast person, I thought I'd go with the Garden Vegetable Omelet.  "Tomatoes, onions and peppers add savory flavor when combined with two cheeses in this tender, delicious omelet. Ready in just three minutes in the microwave, it's a warm, hearty alternative to cereal and an easy, satisfying way to get the protein you need to jump start your day".

And now its time to get down to the numbers, which is, of course, the most important part of this program. I started out the week at 145.6.  Throughout the week, the number didn't change much, but they did go down a little. Today I weighed in at 144.6. So I only lost one pound this week. But last week, I lost 3.2, so I am still a little ahead of the game. Please keep in mind that the average results are two pounds per week.



Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting
http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog .  Also be sure to follow Nutrisystem on face book and twitter to keep up with all the bloggers in the program. You'll also be the first to hear about fun promotions and discounts. Right now they are they are celebrating their 40th anniversary with a 40% off sale, so its a great time to take the plunge.  Be sure to stay tuned for next week's most when we talk a little about the specific breakdown of meals in the plan!


Please note thatNutrisystem is providing their program free of charge for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program. Opinion expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.

0 comments: