Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Disney's Dumbo 70th Anniversary Addition BLU-RAY & DVD Combo Pack Review



One of the things I love about Disney is that their films live on for generations. I have enjoyed watching movies like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast with my children that came out back when I was their age. But there are also movies that multiple generations have  loved. Dumbo is one of those movies. I remember my grandmother telling me how much she enjoyed watching it when it first made its movie debut. Now this amazing film is being released from the Disney vault in a brand new Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack! 

I remember watching Dumbo on television when I was just a little girl. I cried when Dumbo's mother was rocking him with her truck through the bars of her cage while "Baby Mine" played in the background. Back then, I thought about how hard it would be to be separated from my mom. I got teary eyed again when I watched the DVD with my children, but this time I was thinking from the point of view of the mother who had just tried to protect her baby. Its funny to think that I can look at the same movie in a completely different way thirty years later. But one thing will always stay the same. In addition to being a fun and entertaining movie, Dumbo also teaches children the valuable lesson of respect, both for themselves and for others.




For the first time ever, in celebration of this landmark films70th anniversary, experience the daring adventures of the world's only flying elephant with a dazzling all-new digital restoration and brilliant Disney Enhanced high definition theater mix sound. The inspirational tale of Dumbo, the courageous baby elephant who uses his sensational ears to soar to fame with the help of his clever best friends Timothy Q. Mouse, will thrill and delight audiences of all ages. And now, the award winning music and empowering messages about friendship and belief in yourself reach new heights in this must have Blu-ray high definition presentation of Walt Disney's animated classic, Dumbo.


This 2-Disc Combo Pack features:
  • All New Digital Resoration
  • Disney View-Expanded Viewing Experience
  • Cine-Explore Experience
  • Never Before Seen Deleted Scene
  • Never Before Heard Deleted Song
  • Taking Flight The Making of Dumbo
  • The Magic of Dumbo: A Ride of Passage-A Heartfelt Look at Disneylands Most Popular Ride
  • Audio Commentary
  • Celebrating Dumbo-Featurette Art Galleries
  • Animated Short " The Flying Mouse"
  • Animated Short "Elmer Elephant"
  • What Do You See? Game
  • What Do You Know? Trivia Game
  • Plus More!



Dumbo 70th Anniversary addition is available online and in stores nationwide beginning today, September 20th. You can get a copy on Amazon for the discounted price of only $21.99  Grab one for your kids today because Dumbo is a movie every family needs to have in their collection.

***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: