Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bakugan Battle Brawlers for DS Review



There are two things that my seven year old son, Frankie, is currently obsessed with. Bakugans and his DS.  So when we were offered the opportunity to do a review of the new Bakugan Battle Brawlers video game for DS, it was like Christmas had come early to our house!  It arrived last week, and if he had a choice he would be playing morning, noon and night.

I was pretty impressed with this game right from the start. I watched the opening credits with my son and the graphics are amazing. The writers of the series wrote the plot for the game and the actors voiced the characters. It was like watching a movie on the DS Screen. My son was excited that he was able to make his own character. He chose the style and clothing for his player, and then his character gets to interact with the stars of show. You start off with three Bakugans and three cards, and then you buy more as you accumulate money. You make money by challenging other players to duels. Every single Bakugan action figure and card that you can buy in the store is featured somewhere in the game.  You can either play against the computer or you can link to other DS systems to play your friends.  Up to four people can play this game at one time which is great if you have more than one child.

The only fault I could find with this game was that there was a lot of reading involved and some of it was over the reading level for my son's age group. Unless you want your child running up for help every few seconds, the game might be better suited for a child a year or two older then my son, who is seven. But the reading issue didn't deter my son from enjoying the game and even his sister had fun playing against him. I would definitely recommend this game for anyone with a little boy who loves Bakugans.




The Bakugan Battle Brawlers game is available at most stores for $29.99 which is already a reasonable price for a video game. But right now you can get this game at amazon for only $28.99 with free super saver shipping!  It might be too late to get this for Christmas but if you have a birthday coming up for just want to get your son a special reward, this game is the way to go!











****Please note I received no payment for this review. I was sent a copy of the game which I was allowed to keep in order to provide a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way*****

0 comments: