When it comes to treating dandruff, women often have to compromise the healthy look of their hair in order to get results, which is why Dove Hair is so excited to introduce the NEW Dove DermaCare Scalp series – for 100% flake free* hair, 100% nourishment, zero compromise, which launches across the country this week at mass retailers and drugstores for $4.99!
Winter can wreak havoc on your scalp, so we enlisted the help of Dove Hair Expert Dermatologist, Dr. Francesca Fusco to share her tips and tricks on eliminating flakes while keeping hair smooth and healthy – we hope you and your readers will enjoy!
Flake-Free Hair Tips by Dove Hair Expert Dermatologist, Dr. Francesca Fusco
1. Don’t make the mistake of thinking a flaky scalp means you should reduce how frequently you shampoo. Dandruff is best controlled with the regular use of a dandruff shampoo and conditioner, such as Dove DermaCare Scalp Pure Daily Care 2in1.
2. Create an at home sugar scrub for your scalp to tackle stubborn dry skin. Simply mix a tablespoon of sugar withDove DermaCare Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Shampoo and gently massage it into your scalp using your fingertips. The sugar will gently exfoliate and completely dissolve, without leaving behind any grit or particles.
3. Trendy slouchy beanies are popular, but wearing one all day is not optimal for dry and oily scalps or dandruff. Let your scalp "breathe" and leave hats for the outdoors.
4. Individuals with dandruff often complain of intermittent itching, but I always urge my patients to not scratch. Once you start scratching, you’ll notice flakes on your shirt. If you feel the urge to scratch, I recommend taking a sniff of a calming essential oil like lavender -- the aromatherapy effects will help reduce stress to resist the urge to itch your scalp.
5. To aggressively control dandruff, start by dampening (don't saturate) your hair and scalp. Then, apply Dove DermaCare Scalp Invigorating Mint Shampoo to your scalp and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Once the time is up, saturate your scalp with water, building up a good lather before rinsing. The nourishing ingredients provided by the new Dove DermaCare Scalp series will leave hair feeling moisturized, smooth and healthy and the prolonged contact of Zinc Pyrithione on your scalp is excellent to treat flakes.
Itchy scalps are a common problem in the winter months. This can lead to embarrassing flakes. Luckily, Dove can keep all parts of your body soft and touchable, even your scalp. Their DermaCare line is the perfect way to fight dandruff, without sacrificing vibrant, healthy hair. There are several different formulas to choose from, so there is something for every hair type.
Invigorating Mint - This minty shampoo leaves your head tingling. The invigorating scent wakes you up in the morning, and prevents annoying, itchy scalp. This one even comes in a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner option.
Dryness & Itch Relief- If you can't stop scratching, this is the formula for you. It alleviates the itch and still leaves your hair feeling soft and looking shiny.
Pure Daily Care- Stop dandruff and itchy scalp before it starts with this every day formula designed to keep you dandruff free but still leave your hair flowing. This one also has a 2-in-1 option.
Even if you don't have a dry scalp, you'll still love how soft and luxurious your hair feels when you use these Dove products. After just one application, the difference is obvious. Plus, the fragrance is wonderful. It's never overbearing, but always refreshing. Like all Dove products, its great for those with sensitive skin. To learn more about the Dove DermaCare line or any of their products, be sure to visit their website or follow them on social media.
Connect with Dove
Twitter Face Book