Lightweight, Durable and Wireless; AfterShokz Announces Trekz Titanium™ Bone Conduction Headphones
AfterShokz, the award-winning headphone brand known for its patented bone conduction technology, announces its new sport headphone, Trekz Titanium™.
Designed to ensure the ultimate level of awareness and comfort—without compromising on premium sound—Trekz Titanium™ are wireless, open ear sport headphones made to ensure safety, perfect for runners, cyclists, hikers and more. Trekz Titanium™ with PremiumPitch+™ delivers exceptional sound quality with AfterShokz’ patented technology, delivering dynamic range and truly powerful bass.
“This is a big step for AfterShokz, entering into a new design and dimension for bone conduction,” says Bruce Borenstein, CEO of AfterShokz. “Trekz Titanium™ is a response to the feedback that we received from customers and addresses the concerns that users have with bone conduction headphones. We’ve fine tuned the design for comfort and optimized the technology to produce premium sound.”
Trekz Titanium™ uses bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. Place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears. This leaves your ear canals open, allowing you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds while you enjoy your music. Bluetooth® connectivity gives you the ability to be free of wires and make and receive phone calls.
Trekz Titanium™ Features:
● OpenFit™ - promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a revolutionary open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you — vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day.
● PremiumPitch+™ Sound - Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+™ technology optimizes the sound and includes additional features like LeakSlayer™ technology, which ensures music is directed exactly where it should be.
● Titanium Frame: The backbone of the industrial design is a premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility, which will deliver maximum comfort, portability and the very best sound.
● Sweat Resistant: Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather. IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture and dust.
● Six Hours of Music and Calls: A single charge will reliably deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge fully in 1.5 hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
● Noise Canceling Mics: Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
● Voice Prompts: Audrey Says™ seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play and talk, and everything in between.
Trekz Titanium™ is now available at an Indiegogo at a price of $99 (MSRP $129).
AfterShokz brings patented bone conduction technology, initially developed for military special operations and law enforcement by Voxtech in 2001, to sport, mobile and Bluetooth® headphones designed and priced for everyday use. Through a suite of proprietary audio technologies and the only completely open ear design, AfterShokz headphones deliver premium stereo sound and a promise of safety and comfort that is second to none. Since its inception in 2011, the company has been committed to innovating unconventionally and making situational awareness a priority. Learn more about how the brand inspires users to #beopen and #hearitall at aftershokz.com.
My Thoughts:I absolutely love music and listen to it often throughout the day. If I am doing chores, working out, taking a walk, or working, etc, I enjoy having my favorite tunes nearby. With the AfterShokz Trekz Titanium headphones, it allows me to listen to my favorite music without completely disconnecting from my surroundings.
As you can see from my picture, Trekz Titanium do not go directly in the ear, but on the side. Despite this fact, the sound quality is amazing! It is pure, seamless, and it includes powerful bass. You can feel the bass pumping as it plays, which is so cool. I was very impressed! The ability to make calls, the lasting power, and the durability were all huge pluses, as well as the headphones being sweat proof. Perfect for those that love to rock out as they workout, or may find themselves in harsh weather.
Besides the sound quality, I was impressed by the overall make of the headphones. They are stretchable, move easily, and yet stay attached to your head while you are wearing them. The people around me could hardly hear any music unless it was very loud. I could hear my surroundings, however. That really blew my mind. Trekz Titanium is powered by Bluetooth technology, so they are easy to pair with a mobile device. You can also adjust the sound on the right side, as well as turn them on or off on the left.
The only issue that I have found with them is that due to the sinus pressure I feel from having severe allergies, I cannot wear these for extended periods of time. However, wearing them throughout a daily task is something I truly enjoy! My family has also been using them as well. I will certainly continue to use Trekz Titanium and would highly recommend them!
Connect with AfterShokz:
One lucky winner is going to receive their very own, Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Headphones! To enter, just fill in the Giveaway Tools form below. This giveaway will start on 8/8/16 and end on 8/28/16. It is open to the US only. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to reply. Thanks again to the sponsor for offering this fantastic prize!