Sunday, October 26, 2014

Celebrate HalloWellness with Orange + Black Indian Spices - Halloween Gift Guide




ORGANIC INDIA was formed as a labor of love.They began working with farms in northern India to grow Tulsi ~ Holy Basil to create their signature product, Tulsi Tea. They now include other Indian herb specialties.




Add a little more to your trick-or-treat this Halloween season, and turn your sweet-filled month into a HalloWellness one! This year, treat yourself, your family and friends to a orange and black festive pairing of Organic India's Turmeric and Chyawanprash.

Here are a few favorite Halloween concoctions to spice up your season:
Turmeric - This orange spice supports inflammation, digestion joints and radiant skin. Available in capsule and powder form, there's no need to look like a ghost this Halloween! Oh, and this is Doctor Oz. approved?
Chyawanprash - This 100% organic herbal jam is packed with 36 traditional Indian herbs + vitamin C, aiding in digestion, metabolism, memory and even skin complexion. It's deep black color will make even the simplest toast a bit more spooky :) 



Our Thoughts

Tumeric is as orange as can be in these capsules. I have only recently used tumeric in my own diet in the past year and a half. It has a taste unlike any other so I only add a dash here or there in certain dishes but I know it's full of healthy stuff for you so I want to eat it in higher quantities without burning my tastebuds out on it's taste. Tumeric Formula is the best solution to accomplish my goal. The label clearly states it's health benefits (blood and lymph system) and serving size. Of course, it's organic!

Chyawanprash looks like tar! It is not at all the consistency you think of when you hear the word jam, it really took me by surprise. The taste, however, is very interesting. It's being promoted around Halloween time, however it reminds me more of Christmas! There is this underlying spicy/cinnamon taste that I love in anything, so it makes this taste great. There is also a subtle flavor of black licorice, which is not my favorite at all, but mixed with the other tastes it blends really well. The best way I can describe it is the bubble gum from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, when Violet is eating the gum and it goes through different meals. Aside from the taste, it is Organic, and from a brand, Organic India, which I trust. I know that I am putting healthy food in my body when I eat this and it's filling too so you don't need a lot and it'll last a while.

Don't forget to check them out on Facebook, and Twitter !

Reviewed by Jackie




5 comments:

An Apel a Day said...

These sound so good! I love Indian food.

Unknown said...

I've never heard of this before but it sounds interesting!

Janet W. said...

I'd love to try this! I like that it has vitamin C in it!

momo said...

These products sound really good to me, I would like to try them out sometime-

Melissa Shirley said...

I love Indian food. I have not had good Indian food since I moved from New York years ago.