Saturday, July 20, 2019

ARTHUR: Arthur Celebrates Community


Arthur and friends learn about civility, honesty, open-mindedness, compromise, and compassion in “ARTHUR CELEBRATES COMMUNITY.” There are 4 episodes on the DVD, including, When Rivals Come to Roost/The Longest Eleven Minutes. In this episode, Mighty Mountain’s school floods, so the Lakewood Elementary students must share everything with them – including their science fair secrets. And in the second story, the Internet is out! How will Muffy post to her blog? Other episodes included on the DVD are Mr. Ratburn & The Special Someone/The Feud, Muffy’s House Guests/Binky Can’t Always Get What He Wants and Muffy’s Car Campaign/Truth or Poll. ARTHUR has won seven Emmys – four of which are for Outstanding Children’s Animated Program.

My Thoughts

Arthur is a show that has been around for years. When my teens were little, they loved it. I was happy to see that it was still around a decade later when I had a second batch of kids. Arthur and his little sisters take us on many exciting adventures. Each one teaches a valuable lesson. This DVD set includes eight wonderful episodes all about celebrating with the community.
Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone
The Fued
When Rivals Came to Roost
The Longest Eleven Minutes
Muffy's House Guests
Binky Can't Always Get What He Wants
Muffy's Car Campaign
Truth or Poll

I just loved this DVD. All the episodes help teach kids how to deal with the everyday tiffs between siblings.  Arthur is a timeless classic, and I'm sure that some day I'll be watching it with my grandchildren. If you're a fan of the show,  this is a DVD you'll want to have in your collection.




1 comments:

Jackie said...

Arthur is a classic. I enjoyed watching it with my daughters when they were young.