In addition to being certified gluten free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization, Crunchmaster crackers (www.crunchmaster.com) are made with high quality ingredients and packed with whole grains, cholesterol free and low in saturated fat. It has several products that are NON-GMO verified. There are lots of fun ways to enjoy them this Memorial Day. Check out these tasty recipes.
Blackened Chicken with Grilled Peaches
By Amie Valpone
- 1Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup Crunchmaster Rosemary & Olive Oil Multi-Seed Crackers, ground
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat; brush with olive oil. In a bowl, combine 1 Tbsp. olive oil, paprika, pepper, sea salt, cayenne, thyme and Crunchmaster Crackers; rub olive oil mixture onto chicken and peaches.
2. Grill chicken breasts and peaches for 4 minutes each, then flip and cook for another 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and peaches have grill marks.
3. Transfer to a serving platter; serve chicken atop a bed of Bibb lettuce with chopped apples and grilled peaches.
Grilled Salmon with Blackberry Cherry Salsa
By Amie Valpone
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- 1 cup Crunchmaster 7 Ancient Grains Pepper Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 ½ cups dried cherries
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 cup fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. almonds plus more for garnish
1. Heat grill to high heat; lightly oil grates.
2. In a small bowl, stir together coriander, 1 tsp. sea salt, and ½ tsp. pepper. Rub salmon with oil; coat with coriander mixture.
3. Grill salmon to desired doneness approximately 2 minutes; flip and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make the cherry salsa combine cherries, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, lime zest, blackberries, almonds, remaining sea salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl; toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Remove salmon from grill; transfer to a serving plate. Serve with cherry salsa; garnish with additional blackberries and almonds.
I try my best to keep my family as active as possible. Both of my children are involved in sports and their TV and video game time is limited to an hour a day. But it's also important to watch what they eat. It isn't easy to find fun snack foods that are good for them and that they are actually willing to eat. That's why I was really happy to try out a few of the delicious varieties of crackers and chips from Crunchmaster. These crispy snacks are gluten free, cholesterol free and saturated fat free. They are also a good source of fiber and made using whole grains. The best part of all is that they taste just as good as any other snacks.
We received a few varieties of Crunchmaster to try out. I personally LOVED the Multi-Seed Crackers. They are so tasty, you don't really need to put anything on them, but they are the perfect compliment to any cheese or meats. I thought they were better than most of the popular name brands crackers. They are light and crunchy and not greasy at all. The Sea Salt were tasty too. They are lightly salted and nice and crispy. They both have lots of flavor, and don't taste like card board like most gluten free products. Ky kids never have guessed they were a healthier alternative to regular crackers, but I know the difference, and even if they cost a little bit more, they are definitely worth it because they are so much healthier for my family.
If you would like to try these tasty crackers and chips for yourself, check thestore locator, located on the left hand side of their home page, to find a store near you. You can also order direct from their online store. You can even find a printable coupon! Give Crunchmaster a try and take the first steps to a healthier lifestyle today. Remember, they are the perfect choice for a healthy packed lunches once your kids head back to school.
Connect with Crunchmaster
One very lucky winner is going to get a prize pack of Crunchmaster Crackers! To enter, simply complete the Giveaway Tools form below. Open to the US only. Giveaway ends 6/5/16. The winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to reply. Thanks again to Crunchmaster for offering this great prize.