Monday, February 1, 2016

Web Series Review: Her Story



This new scripted series takes a look at the transgender community, introducing viewers to Violet and Paige. They're friends who are both transgender. Violet is a soft-spoken type, while Paige is outspoken and confident, driven to succeed in her career. 

Violet is forced to re-examine some aspects of her life after meeting Allie, a reporter who wants to write about her for a magazine. Paige is also taken out of her comfort zone, as she meets someone she considers opening up to. 

The series is made up of several short episodes, each no more than ten to fifteen minutes. The lead actors are engaging and play their characters well. The writing is also great, filled with several really amusing bits that left me laughing out loud. Before I knew it, the episodes were over, and I found myself wanting to see where the characters will go from there. I have to say that I was particularly drawn to Paige, who I felt was the strongest character, although Allie was a lot of fun as well. 

If you're looking for something quick and fun to enjoy when you're pressed for time, this series is a good choice. The show premiered on January 19th, and the episodes are available on their website.


0 comments: