Sunday, January 10, 2016

8G: Made for Busy Parents, By a Busy Parent





Created by a cancer survivor and mother of two, Dawn Russell, 8G offers the perfect way for moms and dads to get greens on the go.

Free of sugar, 8G is an effervescent tablet made up of a unique combination of greens, including kale, blue-green algae, spinach and more. It’s a great option for busy parents who love juicing but don’t have the time or money to spend blending fruits and veggies, or are simply looking for a way to get a boost during their crazy and hectic days – just add to water.
Simple to stuff in your purse, diaper bag or keep in the car, 8G is stocked with:
§  As much Vitamin C as five oranges.
§  As much Vitamin B6 as 12 cups of peas.
§  As much zinc as 10 cups of asparagus.
§  As much Vitamin B3 as 27 cups of broccoli.

8G is available at Nordstrom locations nationwide for around $1.25 per tablet.

About 8G
Blue green algae boosts the immune system and can reduce inflammation. Barley can lower cholesterol and blood pressure, while helping to keep blood sugar stable. Kale is rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A and C, calcium and fiber. Wheatgrass boosts red blood cell production and aloe vera accelerates healing.

Connect with 8G







My Thoughts
Green is a color that for some really turns us off. I made this in about 8-10 ounces of water and I stared at it for a bit, a little nervous. I soon took my first sip and this wasn't what I had expected.

First, the tablet is fizzy so it created almost a carbonated water. This has no sugar in it, so I was expecting just a mix of green things all jumbled together and blah, yet there is something sweet in it. The only thing I can really compare this to, would be that it tastes like Sprite, but not as sweet. 

I had both of my kids take a sip too to get their take, since it showed on the label that this was okay to drink for someone under the age of 18. My son (11 yrs) said it wasn't too bad, and my daughter (9 yrs) wasn't too crazy for it. But still, both said it was something they could drink if they needed to.

Overall, I like it. It was much better than I expected it to be. With all the benefits in it and the servings of vegetables, it's hard to pass up taking something this good for your body.


0 comments: