Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DISH Just Got Better with the Super Joey & Wireless Joey


I'm super excited to tell you all about my upgrade with DISH satellite television services.  This week I had a great team come out to my house to add a Super Joey and Wireless Joey to my system.  Throughout this part of the process, I spoke to several friendly and courteous employees who worked with my schedule to make an appointment. Even after the date was set, I received automated reminders via phone and email--good thing too because I  probably would have been in my PJs when they got here. You are also given the option to cancel or reschedule if necessary.

We were given a window of between one and five for the techs to arrive and they got here around 1pm, which was pretty good timing since they had to come all the way from Vineland, NJ which is a few hours away.  The two gentlemen who upgraded by DISH services were both friendly and professional. They got everything done in record breaking time, and were finished up in about an hour. 



Once everything was installed, the guys explained every step of what they were doing along the way. Of course, a lot of it was over my head. Once the wiring was done, it was time to install the "hoppers". This like a combination DVR and cable box. It controls the channels but also allows you to record your favorite programs.  As you can see the box takes up very little space and their aren't many wires.



Our original box was able to record up to three shows/movies and still allow us to watch a different shows live.  Now,thanks to the Super Joey, we can actually record FIVE different shows at the same time without any interruptions in the broadcasting.  The Wireless Joey is even cooler. This one I had installed in my room, but I can actually move the television to any room in the house or even the back yard and it will still work!



 I'll be doing additional reviews to explain many of the best perks in more detail, but a few things that stand out in my mind are the ability to watch Prime Time shows anytime without commercials, being able to see what the kids are watching no matter where they're at, and the fact that the hopper will shut itself off after two hours if no one is using it. And of course, one of the best  parts is the DISH Anywhere service. This allows you to watch TV anywhere you can get an internet connection on your tablets and phones.



Last but not least, once everything was good to go, we received our remote. There are a lot of buttons on there but the guys went over most of them with me to make sure I had the hang of it. You can use the guide to see what's going on for up to a week in advance, and set it to record so you can watch at your convenience. You can pause, skip. and rewind even live TV. There's even a built in pager that helps you find the remote if the kids hide it on you. I know this happens to me all the time. We once went a whole week without being able to change the channel so this is a great feature for families.


Believe me when I tell you, all of this is just the tip of the iceberg. DISH is so awesome, I couldn't possibly fit it all in one post. There are lots of things that make it a great service, not the least of which being the affordable packages they have available. I am definitely  glad I took the leap and upgraded. Keep following New Age Mama for more of my personal experiences with DISH. In the meantime, you can visit the DISH website to learn more about their packages. Also be sure to follow them on face book


2 comments:

VickieC said...

we have dish and enjoy it a lot

Unknown said...

I have always found the service department people to be very helpful I do not understand all the new upgrades,but I have had them to be very supportive