Spring is just around the corner, and as temperatures begin to rise, many of you will look to spring as a time to reevaluate their daily routine and reduce any unnecessary clutter from their lives. To help, Colgate Total has partnered with Dr. Simpkins, Internist and Medical Advisor for the State of New Jersey to provide tips to “spring clean” and improve your overall health.
An easy way to spring clean your health is to start using products with added benefits, such as Colgate Total’s New Gum Health Mouthwash. It freshens breath, in addition to providing the following health benefits:
· Kills 99% of germs on contact
· With twice-daily use, it’s clinically proven to deliver 45% stronger, healthier gums
· Fights plaque between teeth and along the gum line· 12-hour protection against bacteria that can cause gingivitis
Dr. Simpkins’ Health Tips:
- Get Moving Outside: Spring is a great time to be outdoors, so ease back into your exercise routine with daily walks outside. This will help reduce stress and help lower your risk of heart disease and hypertension. Get creative and use apps to track and challenge your friends to walk at least 10,000 steps a day!
- Reset Your Sleep Pattern: With the arrival of spring come longer days and more daylight. Beat fatigue by setting a goal to keep your waking and bed time consistent – even on weekends. This will help avoid mid-day burn outs while keeping your body in sync with its natural rhythms.
- Think About Your Gum Health: Most people don’t realize that proper oral hygiene can be a good step toward helping to improve their overall health. In addition to brushing your teeth, make sure to take good care of your gums – they’re the foundation of a healthy mouth. Switch up your daily oral care routine by using Colgate Total®’s New Gum Health Mouthwash after brushing. It has an advanced germ-fighting formula forms a protective shield along the gum line and protects against bacteria that can cause gingivitis.
- Travel Healthy and Be Prepared: As you begin to make plans for spring and summer travel, be sure to schedule your family doctor and dentist appointments and address any issues before your trip. Compile a list of medications, unique health issues or history, and physician contact information. This will be important and save time if you end up needing healthcare while you’re away.
- Refresh Your Diet: Simple changes to your diet can bring more sustained energy and knock off a few pounds. Swap out snacks like potato chips with banana chips and replace red meat with lean protein from turkey and chicken. Also look to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables that are in season into your diet.
Dr. Nancy Simpkins is a Board Certified Internist who has been involved in all aspects of internal medicine, with a focus on women's health for over 28 years. Dr. Simpkins is a graduate from The Chicago Medical School and completed both her internship and residency in internal medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx before receiving her certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Simpkins is affiliated with St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey. In addition to her solo practice, Dr. Simpkins is also a Medical Advisor for the state of New Jersey.
The Colgate Total Gum Health is a wonderful addition to the Colgate family. I got to try out the clean mint variety and it's a refreshing blast that leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean for hours. But the great taste is only the beginning of the advantages. Rinsing with this mouthwash protects your gums as well as your teeth. Often times, its unhealthy gums that cause people to loose their teeth. This happened to my own grandmother, so I love that this mouthwash can help keep my gums healthy. Colgate Total Gum Health gets deep down in between your teeth to fight the plague that is hard to reach with your toothbrush. Your breath will stay fresh for hours but more importantly, you're reducing plaque build-up and greatly reducing the risk of gingivitis.
A good mouthwash should be topping the list of your shopping list. Colgate Total Gum Health is the perfect way to make certain your family's teeth and gums will stray healthy for many years to come, no matter what type of snacks they're munching on. If you would like to learn more about Colgate and all the oral care products they offer, be sure to visit their website. To keep up with new products and promotions, you can follow Colgate on face book.