Friday, December 5, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide - Green Earth Pan from Ozeri





I have a friend who is a big bird lover. She mentioned to me that she couldn't use non-stick frying pans in her home because they gave off some kind of toxins that would kill her birds. That is pretty scary, and made me wonder just how safe they are to use around my children. I did some research and learned that traditional non-stick pans are coated with PTFE. This has been proven to be fatal for small animals and can even cause harm to the respiratory tract and cause nausea and headaches in humans.  Luckily, there is an alternative to the traditional frying pans.  Green Earth Pans from Ozeri  don't use PTFE. Instead their pans are made with ceramic,  which is a healthy alternative to PTFE. 



 So, its safe, but does it work when its time to cook? I received 12" frying pan to try out. I loved it and so does my executive chef husband.  Nothing sticks to these pans, not even scrambled eggs.. Most other frying pans I've tried could not stand up to this test. I usually have to scrape crusty eggs from the side of the pan. But with Green Earth pans, the clean up is easy.  So in addition to its health benefits, its also a high quality pan. Its sturdy and well made and I'm sure it will last for years. The stylish green color will compliment any kitchen.  And most importantly, prices are affordable, even though its a high end, quality product.




Some other great features:

  • Unlike other ceramic pans, the Ozeri Green Earth Pan utilizes GREBLON - an ultra-safe ceramic coating from Germany which is 100% PTFE and PFOA free.
  • Innovative textured pan surface delivers enhanced heat distribution and superior non-stick performance without ever releasing harmful fumes or toxins.
  • Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating that is super easy to clean.
  • Made out of durable heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum with no heavy metals or harmful chemicals.
  • Boasts a comfortable heat-resistant silicon coated handle, and a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.


If you'd like to learn more about these great pans, visit Ozeri on their website and on Facebook!  Purchase the Ozeri Green Earth Pan in a variety of different sizes on Amazon. 







2 comments:

Sarah Matos said...

I like that it has a heat resistant handle. Ive had many that say they are but arent really.

Unknown said...

I really like this pan. I love that it is scratch-resistant and 100 percent ceramic coating that is super easy to clean.