Sunday, October 5, 2014

DVD Review: The Field of Blood, Set 1




Paddy Meehan is a feisty young Glasgow journalist looking for a break. When her ten-year-old cousin is charged with the brutal murder of a two-year-old, she defies her formidable boss, her tight-knit Catholic family, and the male-dominated world of Scottish newspapers to pursue the truth, putting herself in great danger and changing her life forever. Based on the novel by award-winning crime writer Denise Mina, starring Jayd Johnson (Dear Frankie), David Morrissey (The Walking Dead), and Peter Capaldi (Dr. Who). 4 episodes, 4 hrs, 2 DVDs, SDH.

My Thoughts

The Field of Blood is a great addition to the Acorn Media Line Up.  Set is Glasgow in the 1980's, Paddy is a female reporter trying to make a name for herself while dealing with an overbearing family pushing her into marriage.   But she doesn't let anything get in the way of getting her story and she's not afraid cross lines to make headlines. This first DVD set includes two exciting full-length episodes.

THE FIELD OF BLOOD: - The year is 1982. Paddy gets her first big break when a child she knows personally goes missing. Her family is furious that she uses the tragedy to enhance her career, but she believes she knows whose responsible and is ready to prove herself.

THE DEAD HOUR - In 1982 Paddy is finally promoted to junior reporter. Other reporters accept bribes to keep a story quiet, but Paddy is on the case and this story may lead to a few dirty cops. Even when lives are on the line, Paddy keeps pushing for the big break in her story.

I really enjoyed this new series. Paddy is a strong female character who never gives up. I look forward to additional episodes and seeing just how far she'll make it in her career.






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like an interesting series. I like to discover shows that showcase a strong female character

ranadurham said...

I am very interested in this book a strong leading lady a day it's a series that I think many people will love

JewelWood said...

This sounds like a very interesting book with a lot of suspense. I would love to read this mystery and find out what happens!

Lisa R said...

I like stories like this, would love to see it

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

SallyT said...

Looks like a very good book.
Has a lot of mystery and suspense.A very strong female as the leading lady.

Anonymous said...

nancy hilderbrand gandn74@ymail.com looks like a good book to read

rochelle said...

Looks like a nice book like to read this

Anonymous said...

From the title, I would not have looked twice at it. From your review, I now will watch it. It sounds really great! Thanks for the info!!! - deannala7500

Unknown said...

This sounds so exciting. Thank you so much for sharing

Sarah Matos said...

I love a good investigative story!

Sandra Watts said...

Sounds like an okay book. Thanks for posting your review.

freddie said...

Not my kind of story line. I don't like stories where kids are killing kids but I'm sure it's a good read for someone else.

Marnie G (Derrick Todd) said...

This looks like it is right up my alley. Looks like an interesting series.

Unknown said...

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD BOOK TO READ

Unknown said...

Mystery and suspense is my cup of tea.

momo said...

What a great sounding book, would like to read it this winter when I do most of my reading.