Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to School with MagnaMini





Fashion meets function in the newest trend for kid's coats this back-to-school season. MagnaMini, designed by a mom of two young girls, is a line of jackets and puffy vests for children that have no zippers, buttons or snaps. Instead these coats have hidden magnets sewn into them. Kids pull on the coat, press the front flaps together and viola, the magnets snap shut! MagnaMini helps kids learn independence, and takes a bit of stress away from parents trying to get the family out the door.






Connect with MagnaMini

 







My Thoughts

My little girl is starting Pre-K this year. It's an exciting experience, and we've been having a great time preparing her school wardrobe. Like many little ones, she still has a little trouble with buttons and zippers, so I made sure to buy pants with elastic waists and pullover shirts. However, when it comes to jackets and vests, it was hard to find something she could button or zip herself. I was really excited when I learned about MagnaMini. They have a huge selection of beautiful vests and jackets that come in a wide range of fashionable colors, but they also have another special perk. They don't use buttons or zippers. There outerwear is made with magnets that click together with hardly any effort at all.



While I initially thought this was a great idea, I did have a few reservations. I worried the magnets might not stay in place, which would get drafty as the weather chills. But this wasn't a problem at all. The magnets hold firmly in place and never come undone until you give them a good pull.   The rest of the design is just as impressive as the magnetic buttons. The seams are tightly woven and the material is both soft and warm. I tried out the vest and it's the perfect fall accessory. Our temperatures stay mild until around December so a heavy winter jacket is too much, but this is the perfect weight and it compliments pretty much any style of clothing from jeans to skirts.  My daughter adores the her pink MagnaMini Vest. It's her favorite color and she can put it on all by herself, just  like a big girl!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

No way ... Magnets on clothes .. That's the coolest thing ever ! Totally checking them out !

Janet W. said...

Very cute clothes! I love the green vest! This would be so easy for my grandson to wear.

VickieC said...

those are so cute,,my grankids would love them