Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Swap Sodas with Sugar-Free Alternative from Cascade Ice

By Tara

*Item received in exchange for a review. No financial reimbursement.*

Many Americans have a weakness for soda. We all know it's bad for us...but there's something about that carbonation and flavor... Even Diet Cola is said to be bad for you now though.

How about trying a healthy alternative? Avoid those 38 and plus grams of sugar.


Cascade Ice has sparkling waters and more, and you can drink them as is--they really do fix like a soda pop--or mix them up with other things to make "fancy" drinks to rival those at your favorite drive through.

First of all, they are sodium, caffeine, calorie, sugar and gluten free. While many of them come with recipes to make a fancy drink, I just drank the flavors I was sent over ice.

I had pink grapefruit, strawberry lemonade, and coconut... The coconut made me exclaim "Oh MY GOD!" really loud, that's how good it was. LOL

I liked the other two as well. They taste sweet but contain no actual sugar. I found them replenishing after working out.

And, ladies, after a long day....sometimes you need a little something...more, eh?


Cascade Ice is now offering drink mixes for those craving an alcoholic beverage that's a little lighter on calories than what you'd get at the bar. Cosmo, margarita, pina colada, mojito, appletini, and lemon drop are the choices. In the case of the magarita and cosmo, I only needed to add tequila or vodka, lime or orange juice, and ice.

I tried these with my mother. To be honest, we didn't like them. There's a funny aftertaste, as though you're drinking a diet drink (which in a way, you are). My mother said it was like a sweetener. We weren't fans, but if you're a diet cola drinker anyway, you'd probably love it--aftertaste and all. For us, it was a surprise, as we aren't pop drinkers or sweetener fans.

I can say with all honesty though that I did not notice a bad aftertaste with the sparkling water. I have nothing bad to say about that at all. I wish I had more. LOL

On that note, I'm going to post some of the recipes that were provided to me. These are things you can do with your Cascade Ice sparkling water:

Apple Fizzie
Just pour 6oz Cascade Ice Zero-Calorie McIntosh Apple over ice, add in sliced apples and sprinkle in some cinnamon. For the perfect after-school combo, serve the extra apple slices with a tablespoon of peanut butter!

Back-to-School Berry Blast
To create one, mix 1 cup of apple slices, 3Ž4 cup Greek yogurt, 1Ž2 cup soy or almond milk, a handful of fresh berries and 4oz Cascade Ice Zero-Calorie Pomegranate Berry in a blender. Blend until smooth and top with a few more fresh berries.

Watermelon Slushie
Watermelon is oh-so-delicious, and ripe for the pickin’ this fall. In a blender, combine a few handfuls of ice, several seedless watermelon chunks and 8oz Cascade Ice Zero-Calorie Blueberry Watermelon. Then, pour in 6oz of club soda. Blend to desired consistency and enjoy!
*Item received in exchange for a review. No financial reimbursement.*

0 comments: