Sunday, January 15, 2012

Meatless Monday with MorningStar Farms



With the New Year in full swing, its time to start making healthier decisions about the foods we eat. MorningStar Farms wants to help you along by instituting a new fun family tradition. Make every Monday a meatless Monday, and try out some of their tasty meat alternatives.   I have been enjoying Morningstar Products for years, especially their Veggie Burgers. While I'm not a vegetarian, I do limit the amount of meat that I eat, and Morningstar is the perfect way to supplement my diet. There isn't a whole lot of variety in meatless products, so I was really excited to hear about the new Veggie Hot Dogs and Veggie Meatballs at Morningstar. I don't even like to think about what goes into most hot dogs and meatballs, but my kids love them. I couldn't wait to test out these fun products and see if they passed the kid's taste test.



We just got a box of veggie hot dogs and meatballs to review, just in time for lunch. There are lots of advantages to Morningstar's meatless products. They contain  less fat than typical beef products and have fewer calories per serving.  I opted for the microwave for our dogs because I like to get things done as quickly as possible. One box of  dogs were ready in about 3 1/2 minutes. The hot dogs came out perfectly. They weren't cold in the center and  didn't get hard or too chewy. We also dried the meat(less) balls with pasta for dinner with the same fantastic results.  I didn't tell my kids they were meat free, just served them up. They dug right in and ate every bite. They had no idea they weren't our normal brand of beef corn dogs. I tried them as well as they really are awesome. All we added was a little ketchup and mustard on the dogs and tomato sauce with the meatballs, but they would have been great even on their own.  They are a quick and easy meal for dinner or lunch that is a healthier alternative to beef proucts.







The Veggie Dogs are only one example of the amazing meat free products available from Morningstar. They also have burgers, breakfast sandwiches, meatless chick'n and more. To see all their products, or locate a store near you that sells them, be sure to visit their website. You can also find more fun recipes on the Morningstar website.To keep up with new products and promotions,  become their fan on face book. If you are looking for a tasty meat alternative or just a fun way to spice up your dinner, check out MorningStar today. Start making your Monday meatless, and see what a difference it will make.




***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

0 comments: