Sunday, April 8, 2018

NATURE: SEX, LIES & BUTTERFLIES


PBS Distribution announced today it is releasing NATURE: SEX, LIES & BUTTERFLIES, on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD. Butterflies have been flying around our planet for more than 50 million years, and today around 20,000 different species inhabit the globe. This program, narrated by Paul Giamatti, follows their lives from egg to caterpillar to chrysalis to the emergence of the full-blown, winged creature. Explore their astonishing survival techniques, including 360° vision, deceptive camouflage, chemical weaponry and fantastic flight. Through sophisticated macro-filming, look beyond the butterflies’ bright colors and fragile beauty to follow them on one of the greatest migrations on Earth.
NATURE: SEX, LIES & BUTTERFLIES” will be available on DVD May 1, 2018. The run time of the program on DVD is approximately 60 minutes on 1 disc. The DVD SRP is $24.99 and the Blu-ray SRP is $29.99. The program will be also available for digital download.  

My Thoughts
Nature documentaries are one of my favorite things to watch. They really give you an up close look into a world that was a mystery before. NATURE: SEX, LIES & BUTTERFLIES takes you into the world of the butterfly. You can follow their life cycle from the the moment the eggs are laid. You watch them transform from a caterpillar to a butterfly, and even follow their migrations. 
I really enjoyed watching this documentary. It's amazing what technology enables us to capture on film. You see so much detail in every beautiful wing. I have always been a sucker for butterflies. They are so magical. Monarchs are native to my area, but their numbers have dwindled in recent years, which really breaks my heart. This DVD allows me to really capture the magic of butterflies in a way I haven't experienced since I was little. Being able to see the various types, and their beautiful wings is stunning, but it is also educational to hear all the facts about them. My children enjoyed it as much as I did. This DVD is a great way to teach children about some of the wonders of nature.

0 comments: