Monday, December 25, 2017

YOR THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE - 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - BLU-RAY



YOR

THE HUNTER FROM THE FUTURE - 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - BLU-RAY



It is before the dawn of time. Strange, savage beasts roam the earth, foraging for human flesh. Fierce tribesmen prey on the weak and innocent. Mystic sacrifices appease the gods. Yor (Reb BrownSpace Mutiny) is the mightiest warrior of his era. But his own past and true identity-are shrouded in the mists of time. He knows he doesn't belong in this world, but his only clues to the fleeting memories of his past are the gold medallion around his neck and the beautiful priestess held prisoner in a forbidden city. Armed to the teeth, Yor sets off on a quest, ready to blast away all manner of terrifying creatures along the way.

My Thoughts

I thought I had seen every corny 80s sci-fi/fantasy film,but somehow I missed this gem! Set before time as we know it, Yor is a hunky cave man who is the pride of his tribe. But he has no idea who his family are or where he came from. So he seeks the help of a beautiful priestess. Before he can talk to her, he must free her from captivity, which involves having to fight a a variety of strange creatures ranging from stone age monsters to futuristic robot-things. 

This was a really awesome movie. It reminded me of a real-life version of He-man, one of my childhood favorites. If you are looking for great special effects, this may not be the movie for you. But if you love classics that require you to extend your imagination a little, you'll love this movie.  Having in on blu-ray gives the picture better quality than most of the older films I've watched on DVD. I'm so excited to have discovered this film, and I know I'll be watching it again and again. 


0 comments: