Saturday, December 2, 2017

Holiday Gift Guide - Good Earth Tea Co. – Hathikuli Organic Black Tea Review





I enjoy a good cup of tea just about every afternoon. Mornings are for my coffee, but tea satisfies me better in the afternoon. I recently had the opportunity to try an exclusive tea from Good Earth Tea Co. The Hathikuli Organic Tea #11 is a rich robust black tea full of flavors. 

The Hathikuli Organic comes from the Hathikuli plantation where tea has been produced for generations. The Estate name origin is unique. Hati means elephant in Assamese and kuli means frequent translating to a place frequented by elephants. Can you imagine seeing elephants roam on your grounds? 

I love elephants. Did you know there is an National Elephant Appreciation Day on September 22nd?  In honor of the elephants and the rich history of the Hathikuli Estate, this so named tea package features an elephant on the package. It is a beautiful full color photo of an elephant among the fields. 


The Hathikuli Organic Tea #11 tea comes as a loose leaf black tea or in tea sachets. The loose-leaf tea, which I sampled, has a brewing ration of 1 teaspoon in a tea infuser for 8 ounces of hot water. Let steep for 3 to 4 minutes then enjoy. I really loved the intense but smooth flavor. It has a creamy sip feel with a sweet honey flavor profile. I also get a nutty and malt base taste. It brews as a gorgeous deep amber color. The fragrance is enticing. I found it needed no sweeteners added as the flavor is well balanced. This tea is a pleasure to drink. 

You can order the Hathikuli Organic #11 tea, along with many other teas, online at Good Earth Tea Co

Connect with Good Earth Tea Co.



0 comments: