Thursday, December 14, 2017

Holiday Gift Guide – Full Service Blonde: A Copper Black Mystery





My favorite genre to read is mystery. I like a story to grab me from the start and continue the action throughout. I recently had the chance to read Full Service Blonde: A Copper Black Mystery


The book takes place in one of my favorite locations, Las Vegas. The journalist Copper Black befriends a “working girl” who later turns up dead. The mystery begins! Copper turns to investigating and finds more twists and turns along the way. A sinister plot? Her brother? Many enemies? You must read to find out. 

The book reads well although I found it took a little patience in the early chapters. The story for me really started taking off around chapter five. It now has my attention. I find the clear and descriptive writing easy to understand. The characters are smart and well thought out with a little complexity mixed in. There is a lot of suspense in the book. I am not quite finished with the book so I am anxiously looking forward to the conclusion. 

The author, Megan Edwards has written a sequel to this book – Getting Off on Frank Sinatra, which actually came out before Full Service Blonde. This book is released as the prequel to the first title.
I like her writing and the story kept me intrigued enough to continue reading. I would not hesitate to select any of this author’s mysteries. 

For mystery readers, Full Service Blonde would make a good gift. 

Look for Full Service Blonde at your favorite bookseller.
·  Print Length: 321 pages
·  Publisher: Imbrifex Books (November 7, 2017)
·  Publication Date: November 7, 2017
·  ASIN: B01MUG30X7


0 comments: