Tuesday, July 25, 2017

FINALLY! A Coloring Book for Metalheads & Cat Lovers!


For all of us who ONLY want to color outside of the lines: rock out on kitties and headbangers!

Skulls and Siamese. Corpse paint and Persians. Baphomet, pentagrams, blood, and tabbies!



Metal Cats Coloring Book combines two juxtaposed and amazing subjects: the extreme personalities of the true metal music scene and their adorable kitties. Based on the photographs of the book Metal Cats, these incredibly cute and fluffy felines appear side by side with their loving owners from bands like Black Goat, Thrones, Isis, Lightning Swords of Death, Book of Black Earth, Skarp, Harassor, Akimbo, Aldebaran, Atriarch, Oak, Ghoul, Ludicra, Holy Grail, Xasthur, Cattle Decapitation, Murder Construct, Exhumed, Morbid Angel, Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Gypsyhawk, Nausea, Phobia, and Napalm Death, along with many other metalheads.



Featuring 30 original drawings, it's now your turn to get in on the action. Pull out your Crayolas and markers and help everyone look most evil by adding your own vibrant colors to these amazing and hilarious pairings. Fun for ages 1-666.

Alexandra Crockett, a musician, zinester and jewelry designer, has been present and active in the metal community since age 15 and is currently finishing up a doctoral degree in the Bay Area. Beginning her idea for the book by doing promotional photos for bands and friends she would cat-sit for, she found an interesting dynamic between men in the metal scene and their cats. The idea formed around giving accolades to local musicians and artists in the metal scene, while also bringing attention to no-kill shelters and their importance for animal rights.

Coloring Book / Cats / Heavy Metal
Paperback, 8 x 10.375 inches, 32 pages
ISBN: 978-1-57687-845-3, $9.99 US/CAN.

My Thoughts: 



Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this coloring book. I was raised on metal throughout my life. As a little girl my dad was always blasting Dio, Judas Priest, and Metallica. Into my teenage years my second home was music venues supporting my local rock and metal scenes. On top of helping bands, I also frequented any music festivals I could find. Metal has and always will have a special place in my heart. Not only was it a way for my dad and to make memories and bond, it was where I felt a sense of belonging and community for many years. 

As an animal lover as well, this coloring book was ideal for me. It is true that many metalheads do indeed love their cats! I know quite musicians that are fellow animal loves and adore supporting animal charities. When I heard that not only does this coloring book have amazing art, but brings awareness to animal rights and no-kill shelters, my heart was won. 

For any music and animal lovers, this is a must have in your collection! Fun and laughs for hours on end are to be had. With unique pictures, detailed layouts, adorable cats, and a true metal feel, you will be head banging and coloring the night away!  

Connect with powerHouse Books:




0 comments: