Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Festival Beauty Survival Guide


Festival season is officially upon us with Coachella just a few weeks away, which means it’s time to prep your beauty routine for the extremes – unpredictable weather and an unpredictable shower schedule!  We’ve rounded up the on-the-go products that you’ll definitely want to bring along so you can feel your best and steal the show. Look and feel flawless from day to night even through all of the dancing, singing and partying this festival season with TRESemméDove and Vaseline!
In addition to these beauty must-haves, we got the scoop from TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist, Tyler Laswell, on this season’s hottest hair trends + tips on how to keep hair looking fresh no matter the weather or lack of shampooing!
TREStival Season Tips & Forecasted Hair Trends from TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist, Tyler Laswell:


Top 5 Products to Help You Look Your Fest Best:
HAIR
·    TRESemmé Fresh Start Basic Care Dry Shampoo ($4.99): Infused with Vitamin B12 and Keratin, this dry shampoo will keep your locks looking fresh at the roots and ready to be styled. One spritz transforms oily, limp and lackluster hair into locks that look and feel freshly washed, even when they most definitely aren’t.

·  TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Serum ($4.99): Sometimes freshening up your style is as simple as bringing some shine back to those dry looking mid lengths and ends. This non-greasy formula contains Keratin and Marula Oil that transforms parched strands into silky smooth tresses- a necessity when spending hours under the hot desert sun. Not to mention, it smells amazing which is always a big plus when you haven't been able to wash your hair for a few days!
  • TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray in travel size! ($1.99): Use this extra hold hair spray to keep any look in place for up to 24 hours no matter how much dancing you do! The flexible control formula is water-free, giving hair grip and control sans stickiness and is humidity-resistant keeping flyaways smooth and frizz at bay. While strong enough to hold your style through wind and rain, hair is still touchably soft and full of natural movement.

ANTIPERSPIRANT
·      Dove Invisible Dry Spray ($5.49): Let’s be real, the desert is HOT and staying fresh and dry is a huge priority. While you’re getting ready for your day in the sun, don’t forget the NEW Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant. In addition to keeping you odor and wetness free for 48 hours, it is also leaves no white marks on 100 colors of clothing so you can be sure to rock your best bohemian festival looks with confidence.

LIPS
·     Vaseline Lip Therapy Tin ($3.99): Protect your pout from the dry desert air with Vaseline Lip Therapy Tins. Available in Original, Aloe, Rosy Lips and Cocoa Butter, this lip balm is clinically proven to help heal dry lips and provide long lasting moisturization. The Lip Therapy comes in an iconic and covetable tin, making it perfect for on-the-go application.



My Thoughts

I have heard more than once that you really aren't supposed to wash your hair every day because it strips it of its essential oils. Well, that might be fine for some people, but I have extra oily hair. By the end of the day, it can look greasy and dirty. There is no way I could possibly go a day without washing it because I will look like a total dirt ball.  At least, that's how it used to be. Now, I've found a product that will eliminate the need for me to wash  my hair every single day and I will still have fresh, clean hair.  That product is the TRESemmé Fresh Start Basic Care Dry Shampoo .

I know it sounds crazy, but I really didn't think it would work at first. It actually took me a few days to work up the courage to skip the shampoo when I was in the shower. But finally I did it. I got dressed and was horrified and my stringy, greasy hair.  Then, I sprayed in the dry shampoo thinking it couldn't possibly do anything and I would have to jump back in the shower. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. After spraying the dry shampoo on my roots and combing it through, my hair looked great. It was healthy and shiny and even had more volume than it normally does. Plus, it saved me the time of having to shampoo, condition. and rinse both out. In ten seconds I had perfect hair. I was amazed! I really can't recommend this product enough. Especially to busy moms with little babies who sometimes don't have the time for a shower.


0 comments: