Monday, April 17, 2017

Check out HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS on Wednesday Nights


When I was growing up in the 90s, there were several television shows that I always enjoyed. They included Full House, Step by Step, and  7th Heaven. I watched the characters grow up with me. I shared their triumphs and their tears. And of course, I had posters of the actresses pinned up all over my walls.  When I catch a rerun on television today, I'm instantly brought back to the days of my youth. Now, there's a new show on television that is bringing some of my favorite stars back to the small screen.  Hollywood Darlings is a new series starring some familiar faces.  Jodie Sweetin, Beverly Mitchell, and Christine Lakin are real-life friends who are joining forces in the new series, Hollywood Darlings, which airs on Tuesday nights at 8pm.  Here's a little more about the show:





HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS

Pop’s newest original comedy series HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS starring 90s fan favorites Jodie Sweetin (Full(er) House), Beverley Mitchell (7th Heaven) and Christine Lakin (Step by Step) premiered on April 12, 8pm ET/PT.  The comedy series focuses on their unique childhood actor sisterhood that has bonded them as real life friends. They play exaggerated versions of themselves as they navigate motherhood, careers and life in LA.
  
HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS turns the camera on real-life friends who are bonded by a sisterhood that only they can share as former child stars who grew up in the 90’s limelight – Jodie Sweetin (“Full House,” “Fuller House”), Christine Lakin (“Step By Step”) and Beverley Mitchell (“7th Heaven”). In this improvised comedy, the three actresses play exaggerated versions of themselves in their current Hollywood lives. With the support of one another, this girl squad can take on anything when it comes to parenting, marriage, friendship and revived careers in Hollywood.
HOLLYWOOD DARLINGS will feature cameos from Soleil Moon Frye (“Punky Brewster”), Andrew Keegan (“10 Things I Hate About You”), Tamera Mowry (“Sister, Sister”), Lance Bass(NSYNC), Andrea Barber (“Full House”), Nicholle Tom (“The Nanny”), Heather Tom (“Y&R”),Patrick Duffy (“Dallas,” “Step By Step”), Staci Keanan (“Step By Step”) and Wanya Morris(Boyz II Men).




Last week, I had the chance to interview the girls along with several other bloggers. We talked about a lot of interesting things, including the new show.  First, they explained a little about the series. Even though the girls are playing themselves, this isn't a reality show.  It's actually a non-scripted comedy. This means that they improvise the scenes as they go along. Though they are using their real names and some personality traits, most of what you're going to see is exaggerated. For example, Jodie said that she's a lot more positive then her character is portrayed and Beverly said she's not nearly as uptight in real life as she seems on the show.

Since the girls are all mothers now, they really liked the idea of an improvised show. They don't have to spend hours memorizing their lines, and they also get a chance to be really creative. In the show, they will be playing best friends, just like in their real life. Throughout the series, we'll see them explore some of the things they missed out on as kids when they were so busy filming, like TPing a house or dressing for the prom.


via GIPHY

It was so much fun getting to talk to these women. Back when I was a teen, if I could choose three celebs to come over for a slumber party, it would have been these three! This was like a dream come true for me, and the dream gets extended every time I get to watch the show. I feel like we're all friends now! The premiere of the show was fantastic and packed with laughs, and I'm excited to see what they come next. Being the New Age girl I am, I especially loved the smudge scene with Andrew Keegan.  There are lots of other celebrity guest stars in the line up as well. It's like a big 90s party!



If you'd like to learn more about Hollywood Darlings, check them out on their face book page. Also, make you to tune in Wednesday nights at 8pm EST.  

4 comments:

Edye Nicole said...

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing.

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

Granmama15 said...

I went on their Facebook page & liked it and shared. A couple of my kids grew up watching these women. I shared so I can let them know that this show is on. I am really glad that Jodie Sweetin overcame her personal problems!! It's weird to think of them as grown up and mommies now!

tannawings said...

I havent seen this show yet. I recently saw th little girl from Little House on the Prarie being interviewed. She has went on to become a newsperson. I didnt recognize her.

VickieC said...

this sounds really fun,i enjoyed these 3 when they had their other shows