Wednesday, April 26, 2017

BEACHES on DVD Exclusively at Walmart


PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Relive the powerful story of lifelong friendship in an all-new remake of the classic movie when Beaches arrives on DVD at Walmart on May 9 from Lionsgate. Tony Award® winner Idina Menzel and NAACP Image Award Winner Nia Long star as two very different women who share an unexpected friendship that, even with its ups and downs, lasts for decades. This new version of the 1988 film includes performances by Menzel of iconic songs from the original movie such as “Wind Beneath My Wings” and “The Glory of Love,” in addition to Menzel’s new original song, “Last Time.” The Beaches DVD will be available at Walmart for the suggested retail price of $14.98.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
In this contemporary remake, Beaches follows the serendipitous meeting of two young girls on the Venice Beach Boardwalk, who, though worlds apart in lifestyle, embark on an unexpected and lifelong friendship. CC (Idina Menzel) is an aspiring singer trying to make it in Los Angeles when she is discovered by a director who gives her her first big shot. Hillary (Nia Long), the daughter of a prominent civil rights lawyer, struggles to find her own destiny. Their friendship — even with its ups and downs — sustains them for decades. Gabriella Pizzolo, Grace Capeless, Jodi Capeless, Sanai Victoria, and Antonio Cupo costar.


My Thoughts

Beaches is a reboot of a classic film.  It follows the lives of two friends named CC & Natalie who meet on a boardwalk and stay close throughout the years.  We follow them through all their ups and downs. CC becomes a successful singer while Hilary is raising a baby. The two are completely different, yet they are always drawn to each other, and they stick my each other until the end.

I grew up on Beaches. My friends and I sobbed through it a million times during high school. So this film had a lot to live up to in my mind. I wasn't sure that it could live up to my expectations, but it was done very well. It was nice seeing this story retold through the eyes of women a little closer to my own age and in a more modern setting. It was just as touching, just as heartwarming, and I still cried like a baby even if I did know exactly what was coming. This is a story of true friendship--soul friends. It's a bond most of us  will only dream about.



0 comments: