Thursday, March 3, 2016

Take the The Numi “Pu-erh Challenge” to help with your weightloss



When trying to lose weight, many people worry about what they are eating, not what they are drinking. The Numi “Pu-erh Challenge” is to replace your daily “fix” beverage of choice (such as coffee, soda, energy drinks) with any of Numi’s Organic Pu-erh flavors for two weeks.  Ideally during the two weeks you will drink only water and pu-erh tea however even one simple daily swap can make a big difference over the course of the challenge.

Like green or white tea, pu-erh is its own category of tea. Richer than black tea, wonderfully smooth, and malty, pu-erh provides a natural boost of sustained energy that delivers focus and clarity. Numi’s Organic pu-erh is sourced from old-growth, wild tea trees in the Yunnan Province of China that are said to give forth “chi,” or life energy.

For centuries, pu-erh has been celebrated in Chinese culture to have a myriad of health benefits.  While formal scientific research is still in early stages, clinical trials conducted in China and France have found promising results that substantiate cultural beliefs and anecdotal evidence that pu-erh can help improve digestion and circulation and increase metabolism and energy, supporting healthy weight loss.

Numi’s distinct Pu-erh Tea blends include (SRP: $8.99/box):



Cardamom Pu-erh

This luxurious blend of rich black Pu∙erh tea is enlivened by the spicy and crisp hints of sweet green cardamom. The exotic and aromatic experience of this one-of-a-kind specialty tea is truly an adventure of the senses.



Chocolate Pu-erh

This velvety infusion combines black Pu∙erh tea and organic cocoa. Accented by whole vanilla beans and sweet orange peel, this decadent blend is rounded off with nutmeg and cinnamon for a spicy finish.



Emperor’s Pu-erh

Pu∙erh boasts a deep bold body that is smooth and earthy with hints of malt. This rich, energizing tea is deeply satisfying as a coffee alternative. Numi is proud to reveal the centuries old tradition of Pu∙erh.



Ginger Pu-erh

This delicious and antioxidant-rich tea balances the deep earthy taste of black Pu∙erh tea with the peppery, spicy notes of ginger. A hearty and warming tea filled with healthful benefits.

Connect with Numi

Visit NumiTea.com and follow Numi at Facebook.com/NumiTea and Twitter.com/NumiTea.



My Thoughts

I love tea. I could drink tea all day, but I also have to get my water in (I suppose). I was excited to give these teas from Numi a try. I had the holiday sampler pack and fell in love with many of the teas. I like the bold flavors of these. They are very flavorful, as well, they always smell very good.

I tried three of the four flavors above. My favorite was Chocolate Pu-erh, of course. Chocolate and tea, yes please. This wasn't strong in the chocolate flavor, but it was there. It also had a nice smell of chocolate when I sipped. It wasn't an overly sweet tea, so depending on how you like your tea, you might need to add your sweetener of choice. I found myself calling this my dessert tea in the evenings. I've been trying to watch my weight after the holidays and this tea can usually satisfy my sweet tooth.

The next tea I tried was Cardamom Pu-erh. I did like this one, but it was a but too bold for me, so I didn't find myself grabbing it as much. This one I usually needed to add a little creamer to in order to enjoy, but I really like the way this one smelled.

The third one I tried was Ginger Pu-erh. I liked this one. I could taste the ginger and another taste I can't figure out, but it was a good mix. I was able to drink this one with just adding a little stevia. The ginger in this one helped when I had an upset stomach, but it was also enjoyable in the afternoon when I needed something warm. This one smelled really good, like the others.

Numi makes a great tea product. I have liked almost every tea of theirs I have tried. Be sure to introduce the tea lover in your life to Numi.




0 comments: