Star Wars: The Force Awakens shattered box office records upon its debut to become the cinematic event of a generation with over $926 million domestic and $2.05 billion worldwide. As announced this morning by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Iger at The Walt Disney Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders, the epic movie will be available to own early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on April 1. It comes home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5.
Discover the complete story behind the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens with in-depth documentary and bonus material that will take fans on an exciting journey behind the scenes. Secrets will be revealed through extensive footage, never-before-seen deleted scenes, and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers. Bonus features include*:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated reteaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega (Attack the Block, Imperial Dreams) as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Emmy® nominee Adam Driver (Lincoln, Girls) as the villainous Kylo Ren, and Golden Globe® winner Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, The Bourne Legacy) as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens was directed by J.J. Abrams and written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt. Lucasfilm president and eight-time Academy Award® nominee Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, along with his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, are the film’s producers.
Having established a musical legacy with his iconic scores for the previous six films in the Star Wars Saga, acclaimed composer John Williams returned to score Star Wars: The Force Awakens, ultimately garnering his 50th Oscar® nomination for it.
See the Star Wars: The Force Awakens deleted scenes, “Finn and the Villager”, “Jakku Message”, “X-Wings Prepare for Lightspeed”, “Kylo Searches The Falcon”, “Snow Speeder Chase,” and “Finn Will Be Fine" on Digital HD and Blu-ray Combo Pack,
plus a special bonus deleted scene, “Tunnel Standoff" only on Digital HD or by redeeming the digital copy included in your Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming home on Digital HD April 1 and Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5.
One of the best parts of this film is seeing most of the original cast reunited. I'm so glad they didn't hire younger actors to play these roles because that would've ruined the realism. No one can replace the originals. My favorite character is this film is Leia. She is proof of the strength of the female gender. Throughout the series, she has been through so much and lost almost everyone she cared about. Her home planet was even blown to pieces. Yet, she's still the only Skywalker who was never been tempted to the dark side. She is a great example of a real heroine, and Carrie Fisher plays the part beautifully.
I don't want to give too much away as far as the story line, but be prepared for lots of adventures. There are great fight scenes and lots of chases. There are victories and some very bitter losses. The special effects are outstanding and the alien extras in the cast are an art-form all of their own. In addition to the movie, this set includes some awesome bonus footage, including deleted scenes, interviews with the cast, behind the scenes info and so much more. This is definitely a movie everyone needs to have in their collection.
Be sure to grab a copy for yourself today. It's available now in store national or online at Amazon.