Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Simple Cups 2.0 - reusable and disposable K-Cups!





Simple Cups 2.0, this hassle free alternative to K-cups prioritizes sustainability and creating environmentally friendly reusable and disposable K-Cups! Unfortunately, traditional K-Cups are not recyclable or biodegradable, generating a ton of plastic waste. Last year Keurig sold about 9 billion K-Cups and the majority most likely ended up in landfills.Simple Cups new 2.0 Reusable K-Cup Coffee Cups are made of ABS plastic that is recyclable and biodegradable, as well as BPA free! One of the many perks of using reusable and disposable K-Cups is that you can use your favorite coffee of choice and create your very own K-Cups. This is convenient for pre-filling the cups and keeping them in your K-Cup carousel to bring with you on the go! In addition to being good for the environment, the reusable cups are easy to use and quick to clean by just rinsing them in the sink. Simple Cups work just like a regular K-Cup, you simply put the filter in the reusable or disposable cup and place your coffee inside, then put on the cap. 
Simple Cups reusable and disposable K-Cups are also good to your wallet! The typical pack of K-Cups costs someone about $50 per pound! In comparison, the average Starbucks house blend ground coffee costs $11.95 per pound, and Dunkin’ Donuts original blend ground coffee is $8.99 per pound. Now with the new Simple Cup 2.0 versions you can save even more money on your coffee expenses with the new subscription service. Customers can now save more time and money by setting up a custom subscription for their disposable and reusable filters and caps! This only costs $14.50 every 6 months, and customers are even given the option to choose a custom time frame to receive their filters.
Connect with Simple Cups 2.0





My Thoughts
I love my Keurig. It's one of those investments we bought years ago that we use almost everyday, from making coffee to tea. But it can get expensive buying the ready to made pods. Plus, I never stopped to think about all the K-Cups sitting in landfills. I would guess they could be recycled but that would take more effort than most of us have time for.
I have used in the past the plastic resuable cups but they are a pain to clean and sometimes kept the flavor to specialty coffees in their filter, so I was excited to give Simple Cups 2.0 a try because each cup of coffee gets its own filter. At first glance, I wasn't sure how well it would work because it seemed like it would be hard for the water to get through the filter, but I was very surprised. It did a really good job and the coffee it brewed tasted good.
I then tossed the used filter in the trash, and it was nice since it was biodegradable, that I knew I wasn't adding another plastic K-Cup to the landfill. The pack does come with 2 cups to brew, so you can get them prepared ahead of time if you'd like. On the package, it states it works with the original Keurig and Keurig 2.0. I can only vouch for the original at this time.
I think Simple Cups 2.0 is an awesome product, and I'm really glad that I got the chance to give it a try.

0 comments: