Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Take Vacuuming to a New Level in 2016 with Shark Rocket ® Powerhead


Shark Rocket ® Powerhead
  • Weighs a total of nine pounds, and less than one pound in hand
  • Interchangeable brushrolls are easy to assemble and clean via innovative roller garage
    • Carpet & Floor Brush and Gentle Touch Hard Floor Brushroll clean carpets, rugs and hard floor surfaces
  • Fingertip Controls for easy transitions between hard floors, carpet and area rugs
  • Multi-position adjustable heights tailored to personal preference and compact storage
  • Breakthrough engineering combines motor and dust cup in the head of the vacuum, reducing airflow path and maximizing efficiency and power
  • Available at all major retailers nationwide in August, starting at $169 MSRP



My Thoughts

With four kids and four pets, my vacuum gets a work out almost every day of week. Two of my biggest messes are the constant shedding from my golden retriever and the multiple cups of goldfish crackers my kids spill all over our living room on a daily basis. At only $169, the
 Shark Rocket ® Powerhead is an affordable option, but I wondered if it would really be able to handle everything my family could throw at it. I put aside my old vacuum ) for a few days and used the Shark Rocket ® Powerhead in its place. I was pretty impressed with the results.




First off, there is no real assembly required.  I always get nervous when things aren't put together for me, but the  only thing that really needed to be done was attaching the container for the extra brush roll, which took a few seconds at most. It just snapped into place. No tools required.  Once that was done, we were ready to start cleaning. One of the things I noticed about this vacuum right away is that it's extremely light weight. It's great for carting up and down the steps. The handle also bends, making it easy to slide the head under beds and chairs. It is a little too big to fit under my sofa but depending on how high it stands off the ground, some people would be able to squeeze it under there as well.


As far as suction, this sucker is definitely powerful. I had no trouble picking up clumps of cat and dog hair, and those pesky goldfish came up easily as well. Because it works on both rugs and hard floors, I also found it worked great sweeping up the excess cat litter that got kicked out of the box.  It picked up everything in its path from dried dirt tracked in from outside to bread crumbs the little ones dropped on the floor. My only problem was that because the vacuum doesn't come with any attachments, I couldn't get it in really tight corners and there are some areas the head just can't squeeze into even when I move the furniture. So while it's great for everyday cleaning, I still need to use my larger vacuum if I want to do any really intense vacuuming that requires attachments.


When you're finished vacuuming, there are no bags involved with this vacuum. All the dirt in a little canister on the side of the vacuum. This was very easy to dump out, and there was no mess involved. There's a little lever you press and the canister pops right up.  It also holds a lot more than I expected. I can vacuum at least one whole room before I need to empty it out.  When you put it back on, it snaps right back into place with one push. It's so easy, even my kids can do it, and believe me, they will! All in all, I was very happy with the performance of the Shark Rocket ® Powerhead. It makes vacuuming quick and easy. The lightweight unit is great for kids or older folks who might have trouble lugging a big heavy vacuum around. It offers a powerful suction, easy maneuvering, and really gets your floor deep, down clean.





0 comments: