~ The Newest Edition of the Best-Selling Reference Book Features Most Memorable Super Bowls, 2016 Election Guide, and More ~
What were the most memorable milestones of 2015? Which moments caused the biggest uproar for fans at the Women’s World Cup? How did U.S. immigration policy evolve to where it stands today? While 2015 may be coming to a close, the events will endure in The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016, available in print on December 1 and as an eBook for all platforms on December 9. This latest edition of America’s best-selling reference book contains thousands of facts that are unavailable publicly elsewhere, and will quickly become your go-to source for the upcoming year.
New features include “U.S. Immigration: A Statistical Feature,” covering the historical background, statistics, and legal issues surrounding immigration; “World Almanac® Editors’ Picks: Most Memorable Super Bowls,” in which the editors revisit the most unforgettable “big games;” as well as brand-new employment statistics and a 2016 election guide. Making their return are the popular sections “Year in Sports,” “Top 10 News Topics,” “The World at a Glance,” and “Time Capsule.”
“The World Almanac® and Book of Facts has remained a constant, authoritative source for well over a century,” said Sarah Janssen, senior editor of The World Almanac®. “Although our world is constantly evolving and breaking news is always a click away, there are some events you want to keep in a tangible record. With The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016, the events, places, and people of 2015 will be documented for all generations to come.”
Highlights from The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016 include:
- World Almanac® Editors’ Picks: Most Memorable Super Bowls: On the eve of Super Bowl 50, the editors of The World Almanac® choose the most memorable “big games.”
- U.S. Immigration: A Statistical Feature: The World Almanac® covers the historical background, statistics, and legal issues surrounding immigration, giving factual context to one of the hot-button topics of the upcoming election cycle.
- 2016 Election Guide: With a historic number of contenders for the presidential nominations, The World Almanac® provides information that every primary- and general-election voter will need to make an informed decision, including information on state primaries, campaign fundraising, and the issues voters care about most in 2016.
- New Employment Statistics: Five years after the peak of the great recession, The World Almanac® takes a look at current and historic data on employment and unemployment, industries generating job growth, and the training and educational paths that lead to careers.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac® takes a look back at 2015 while providing all the information you’ll need in 2016.
- 2015—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac® list the top stories that held their attention in 2015.
- 2015—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the first College Football Playoff, the 2015 Women’s World Cup, the 2015 World Series, and much more.
- 2015—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2015, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2015—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac® editors highlight some of the strangest news stories of the year.
- 2015—Time Capsule: The World Almanac® lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2015, from news and sports to pop culture.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac® provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2016 is available for purchase at www.worldalmanac.com and wherever books are sold. For the eBook version, please check your online retailer.
About The World Almanac®
The World Almanac®'s history as a publisher of award-winning reference titles dates back more than 140 years. The imprint includes the iconic title The World Almanac® and Book of Facts, the best-selling American reference book of all time.
The World Almanac® brand is part of Infobase Holdings (www.infobaseholdings.com), an educational media company that owns such well-known brands as Facts On File, Films Media Group, Chelsea House, Bloom's, and Ferguson’s. Infobase is a portfolio company investment of Veronis Suhler Stevenson (www.vss.com), a private equity firm that invests in the media, information, and education industries.
(Not my photo)
This book was packed full of all kinds of info and facts. I enjoyed sitting down and reading about things through out the year that happened all around the world. There were serious things as well as fun facts as well. It was fun to sit down with the kids as well and show them different things.
I have an 11 year old and he enjoyed flipping through this book as well.
My only complaint with this book was the size font inside. The book is very thick and I felt like a ton of crammed onto each page, that they could have used a bigger page size to accommodate a larger font. I sometimes lost track of where I was with the amount of info on one page.
Aside from the font and size of page, this is a great book to add to your home library and have to look back in the future to remember the year.