Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Moringa Tea from Organic India - Destress this holiday season




Kale. Turmeric. Acai. New superfoods contend each year for a place in our American diet.

Deemed by NPR as an emerging kale-competitor, moringa (Moringa oleifera) has been eaten for centuries, serving impoverished communities and combating malnutrition—46 antioxidants, abundant minerals and minerals. The plant offers more vitamin A than carrots, more potassium than bananas, more calcium and protein than milk, more fiber than oats and more iron than spinach.


With a green tea-like taste, moringa supports healthy heart function, liver function, energy levels, anti-aging antioxidants, and overall immune system. One of the brands bringing the plant to U.S shelves is ORGANIC INDIA— the first global brand to distribute organic moringa powder and capsules to the natural category’s nationwide shelves in 2013 and moringa tulsi tea in 2014.

Connect with Organic India






My Thoughts

I was sent a sample of the Moringa tulsi tea as well as a bottle of capsules to try. I really enjoyed the tea. It was very flavorful and had a very neutral taste. It wasn't over strong and it wasn't weak either. More of a pleasant tea and I was able to drink it quickly due to liking the taste.

It was a clearer tea, much like green tea. I sweetened it with stevia, but you could use whatever sweetener you like, or drink it unsweetened if that's your preference. When taking this tea, I did feel less stressed, as the package claims. I usually have a cup at the end of the day when things get a bit more hectic. I like knowing that not only am I having an enjoyable drink, but it's also good for me.

I did not try the capsules that were sent due to a warning label on them. It stated on the CAPSULES ONLY that there was an ingredient in it that was known to cause birth defects as well as reproductive harm. While I am not pregnant and don't plan to be pregnant, I just didn't feel safe taking it. However, the tea did not have that warning on it. It did, however, suggest that if pregnant or nursing, to check with your health care provider before drinking the tea.