Sunday, November 1, 2015

AlternaVites Vitamin C For Cold & Flu Season



Cold and flu season is coming and I thought you might be interested in this new product – great for kids during this sniffly time of year!

This new Vitamin C product from alternaVites literally melts in your mouth! No worrying about having a glass of water with you, trying to get your little one to swallow a pill or chew up an unpleasantly chalky one. This great Vitamin C option for kids can be poured directly on the tongue and taken without water. The delicious powder with an Orange Berry Blast flavor can also be easily mixed into yogurt, pudding or smoothies.

Using a proprietary blend of ingredients, alternaVites are free of sugar, aspartame or high fructose syrup, artificial flavors and preservatives.  It has also been carefully formulated with ingredients that do not contain the major food allergens.

 

My Thoughts 


One of my daughter's is a real handful when it comes to vitamins. She doesn't like the hard chewable kind. She can't have the gummies because she has fillings, and the prescription the doctor said I could drop  in her juice...forget it. She tosses the juice every time I try it. When I heard about alternaVites Kids, they seemed like the perfect solution so I was excited to give them a try.

alternaVites Kids come in little packets that have a fine powder. They can be flicked a little at a time on the tongue or mixed with yogurt or drinks.  My children all gave the vitamins a try and opinions varied. My ten-year-old loves in and likens them to that sugary candy that comes in the straws. My oldest wasn't as easily impressed. She said it was okay, but she prefers her regular chewable vitamins.  The two youngest kids didn't like the powdered form on their tongues at all, but when mixed with their yogurt, they didn't notice it. So my problem about getting vitamins for my finicky child is solved, I just have to take the extra step to make sure the vitamins are well-blended with the food so she doesn't notice.

The widely varied opinions of my kids made me curious, so  I decided to give the packets a try myself, just to see how they tasted. We received the strawberry bubble gum and the Orange Berry Blast Vitamin C. To me, they had a bit of an artificial sweetener taste, but they weren't bad. If you are having trouble getting kids to take their vitamins, alternaVites are definitely worth a chance. This is one of those cases where you just won't know if its for you until you try it because it's a matter of personal taste. 


 

0 comments: