Finally, the long-awaited spring break is here! After a brutal winter that’s been hitting most of the country (with no sign of letting up), it’s time to pack your bags and head somewhere to soak up the sun, lounge by the pool and relax. When packing for your trip, keep your beauty products to a minimum, just take the bare necessities you need that can easily be throw on your face, your body, your hair. There are a few of my favorite beauty essentials.
Whether you are spending a day near the water or a night out with friends, smelling yummy is a must — especially if there is no time for showering. These Piper Perfumery mists are fun, flirty, and the perfect beach bag add.
Piper’s Perfumery Fragrances ($4.98 each at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com)
· Moroccan Dream: Top notes of Exotic Mango, Pink Grapefruit and Tangerine Sugar lead into mid tones of Tropical Melon, Orange Hibiscus and Juicy Mandarin, and end with dry notes of Sunrise Vanilla, Sensual Woods and Malibu Musk.
· Delicate French Vanilla: Top notes of Sweet Orange and Warm Vanilla, Delicate French Vanilla opens with a sweet and charming scent. Mid-notes of Vanilla Orchid and Brown Sugar create a luxuriant fragrance that ends with dry notes of Sweet Amber, Cedar Wood and Creamy Musk
Pipers Perfumery offers a light and refreshing body spritz perfect for the spring. We got to try the Vanilla Creme and Brown Sugar. Its has an amazing aroma, but it isn't overpowering. Just one of two spritzes and your set for the whole day. There are over eight ounces in the bottle so for one low price, your getting enough body spray to last through the summer. The bottle is also just the right size to tuck in your suitcase for travel.
It’s important to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays. But, it is even more important to do it in style. With their UVA and UVB protection, the Australian Gold SPF 30 Lotion with Kona Coffee Bronzers and Hello Kitty SPF 45 Faces Lotion will be the most sought after beach products
· Australian Gold SPF Lotion with Kona Coffee Bronzer ($7.99; Drugstores nationwide & AustralianGold.com) delivers unsurpassed sun protection with instant, natural-looking color. Sport a sun-kissed glow even on your first day at the beach! SPF 15, SPF 30 & SPF 50.
· Hello Kitty SPF 45 Faces Lotion ($8.99; Drugstores nationwide & AustralianGold.com) is a safe and gentle mineral lotion formula that combines cutting edge sunscreen protection with Asian skin caring ingredients, Yomogi and Butterfly Bush, to deliver sun protection with exceptional skin care. Hypoallergenic. Water Resistant (80 Minutes). PABA-Free. UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Protection. Fragrance-Free.
I love Australian Gold because it doesn't have a heavy chemical smell so like many other sunblocks. This one actually smells like coffee, and rubbing it onto your skin is a pleasure. It rubs in evenly, and feels more like lotion than sunblock. Your skin feels soft after using it and it doesn't leave behind any greasy residue. The variety I tried is SPF 15, and this formula is perfect for the spring when its not too hot out yet. You can still get a little color without having to worry about getting burned. Its a great choice for kids playing outside during spring break.
After a long day of sun on the beach, nothing feels better than the touch of cooling body moisturizer. Bodycology Cherish the Moment offers a relaxing scent that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready for those spring break nights!
Bodycology Cherish the Moment ($3.99 each; Walmart and Target)
· Moisturizing Body Cream: Formulated with Shea, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe Vera, this luxurious cream penetrates skin to leave it feeling soft for hours. Smooth over skin, giving special care to dry or rough areas to enjoy long-lasting hydration.
· Moisturizing Body Wash: Honey and Aloe Vera provide ultimate conditioning and hydration. For showers, apply a small amount to hands or a sponge and lather over skin. Rinse clean. For a luxurious bubble bath, drizzle under warm running water.
The Cherish the Moment Moisturizing Body Cream is a wonderful treat for your skin. Even on the first day of spring, we were still buried in snow, and my skin has paid the price. Before I start wearing shorts, I need to get my dry skin healthy and vibrant again, and this lotion is the perfect way to accomplish that. The lotion glides onto your skin, leaving skin rose petal soft. As an added bonus, the aroma is a truly enchanting blend that is fresh and invigorating.
Don’t forget about treating your hair during your nights out at the beach. RUSK Anti-Frizz Spray and Texture Spray will keep your hair looking perfectly in place yet, effortlessly beach natural. These great travel sizes will fit perfectly into your spring break bag!
· RUSK Anti-Frizz Spray (1.5 oz, $7; StyleSource.com) is a quick-dry working spray that weatherproofs hair against humidity for a frizz-free finish. RUSK® Anti-Frizz Spray creates an invisible barrier to style-busting humidity without weighing hair down
If you're fighting humidity, you won't have to worry about your hair frizzing out if you use the Rusk Anti-Frizz Spray. Just a few squirts will tame even the wildest mane. To add texture and fullness, the Rush Texture Spray is the way to go. You can find both these items in full size or travel size cans, making it easy to have beautiful hair home or on the go.
You can find all these fabulous products in retailers nationwide. Be sure to fill your bag with these awesome beauty essentials so you can make it through your spring break worry free.