Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Holiday Gift Guide - Vivitar’s Camelio Tablet


Vivitar’s Camelio tablet is fun for the family and affordable! 



The Camelio, features Android 4.1 (JellyBean), and is the first fully customizable 7" Android device – perfect for tweens, teens and even their parents. Up to five users can share the tablet with their own customized theme and case.  
The CAMELIO is a unique, Android tablet that allows you to customize and personalize your tablet with your favorite characters! Up to 5 users can easily create their own profile and customize their account with Camelio “Personality Packs” (sold separately). Personality packs allow users to customize wallpaper, widgets, lock screens, camera and photo editor and a themed bumper case.Designs include Hello Kitty, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, Hot Wheels, Barbie, Monster High, My Little Pony, WWF, and can be used without a personality pack for a more grown-up option.

In addition, licensed games, video, music, and books are also included and vary by theme. Equipped with all of the features parents have come to expect from a family tablet; built in Wi fi, camera, HD Video, touch screen and parental controls, the Camelio also includes lots of pre-loaded content for apps, games, music, video, art and other educational tools. The Camelio is the ultimate in customized functionality and fun for the entire family!

Visit Camelio website: www.cameliotablet.com
Buy online at Walmart.com, Amazon.com, Target.com




Connect with Camelio Tablet
Instragram        Twitter

 My Thoughts

I've tried out a lot of tablets the last few years. Most of the time, they each have their own pros and cons, making it difficult to find one that is a perfect match for my diverse family. I have four children, ranging from  three through fourteen and they all want time on the tablet. This one works great for everyone, even parents.  One of the coolest features of the Camelio Tablet, is that you can have separate profiles set up for different kids, but I can use it too. So, if I need to get online and check my blog, I can, but my children still have limited access to the internet thanks to the parental controls.



 The Camelio does pretty much everything a regular adult tablet can do, but it was designed with kids in mind. It has a built it camera and video recorder. It also comes with tons of fun apps already downloaded. Just some of the lineup includes Draw Free, Kid Coloring, and Kids Numbers. Most of the games are educational and many are diverse enough to appeal to different age groups. My three-year-old son can enjoy and just as many features as my eleven-year-old son. Older kids can even access you tube, face book, and google via this tablet if parent's allow it. 




The ability to purchase the personality pack was another awesome option.We picked out the Thomas the Train set. It comes with a sturdy cover with an adorable Thomas design. With young children involved, you know it's going to get dropped, and this gives the tablet an extra layer of protection.  You also get a code that gives you the ability to download some pretty cool wallpaper and a few Thomas the Train videos.   The touch screen works great whether with a stylus or just a finger. It's not oversensitive. My kids love everything about the Camelio. The only issue I've run into is that it only stays charged for 2-3 hours at a time, but since I won't allow my kids to play video games more than an hour a day, this isn't that big a deal to me.




 
Everything else considered, the best part of the Camelio is the price. Why pay hundreds for a tablet suited only to adults or kids when you can get a device both can use equally, all for the low price of  $99 or less?   My whole family is happy with the Camelio Tablet and the personality packs, and I'm thinking about getting one for each of my kids. At these prices, its easy to afford it!