Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Peaceable Kindgom - Race To The Treasure Game Review - Holiday Gift Guide




 Race to the Treasure - An Award Winning game where The Race is On! In this game, winner of multiple awards including the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award and PAL (Play Advances Language) Approval, players try to beat the Ogre to the treasure by creating a path from Start to End. Along the way they need to collect three keys to open the treasure. Players strategize, cooperate and build a path together. If they do it before the Ogre gets there, they all win! Game includes 1 game board, 1 pair of dice, 37 game cards, 4 key tokens, 1 Ogre snack and instructions for game play.
Children will learn:
- Strategy
- Math Grid Concepts
- Shared Decision Making
- Cooperation
What is a cooperative game? It's a game where everyone plays together, no one is left out, and everyone has fun! In a cooperative game, players work together as a team against a common obstacle, not against each other.
Cooperative games emphasize play, not competition. Kids work together, they help each other and, most importantly, they play for FUN!
Cooperative Games foster:
- Non-stressful play situations
- Emotional development
- Shared decision making
- Creative problem solving
- A sense of community
- Positive self esteem
- Playfulness
- Cooperation
This Peaceable Kingdom cooperative game is printed with soy-based inks on FSC paper and includes parts made only with recycled plastics. Games that are good for our planet and good for our kids! Connect with the kids in your life with Peaceable Kingdom.


My Thoughts


Our Thoughts
This is the second game from Peaceable Kingdom my children have had the privilege of playing with and they loved it just as much as Fish Stix! My girls are constantly bickering, so having a "time out" of a game that makes them work together is excellent. They love the "storyline" of the game too as it involves ogres! They are pretty big Shrek fans so this was a perfect game for them.

I did have to play the game with them a few times so that they understood what all they were supposed to do, and in what order. I have to keep a watchful eye on my five year old, as she likes to play with game pieces and then lose them, so keep an eye on that if your kid is like mine! They each caught on and can play the game without my assistance now, I just ensure ALL the pieces are put away properly.

Race to the Treasure captures their attention, makes them feel a little like pirates and it's a good break of a monotonous day that sets them back on track of working together. It's also fun for all of us to play together, not just the kids. A good family game and it'd be an excellent addition to your Christmas list as well as many other products by Peaceable Kingdom!

Buy yours here and don't forget to check them out on Facebook!






Reviewed by Jackie

8 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun game, and I love that it is a cooperative game. I think there should be lots more games like this one and I wish I had this when I was little.

An Apel a Day said...

I like their products! They have such fun illustrations on them.

Jennifer Rogers said...

Wow, you really found some great games anmd I going to have to get Race to the Treasure for my Grandkids! Great review thanks!
j1man1r66@etex.net
Jennifer Rogers

Anonymous said...

This game actually looks pretty interesting. Will have to check it out . I can see it being a lot of fun and lasting a long time.

Sarah Matos said...

Looks like a fun game. My girls would love it as they love all board games.

Tamra Phelps said...

I haven't seen this game before, but it looks like one my nephews might enjoy. I like that it is 'green' too.

Harry Williams said...

Hello everyone, I have been huge fan of Cricket for many years and I am thinking about trying my luck with sports betting. Can someone help me out with a few questions? Which bookmaker do you recommend for cricket betting? How do I get started with sports betting? Any tips or advice?

StevenRandall said...

I have been betting on sports for a long time and I advise you to try betting as well. My friend advised me to bet on a great site https://1xbet.ng/en/ . There are many people who gamble, but they understand that they need to make money so that they can deny themselves nothing. So I understand how important stamina is in sports betting.