Sunday, October 19, 2014

DVD Review: Still Life : A Three Pines Mystery






Still life: A Three Pines Mystery (DVD Debut) - “A must see” (Canoe.ca) - Nathaniel Parker (The Inspector Lynley Mysteries) stars in the first adaptation of the international bestseller by Louise Penny. This 2013 crime drama follows Chief Inspector Armand Gamache as he investigates a murder in a picturesque town (DVD Single). Premiered on Acorn TV.

My Thoughts 

Still Life is an adaption of the murder mystery novel by Louise Penny. I have never read the book to make a comparison, but I enjoyed the movie so much, I have definitely added it to my TBR list. The story is set in a small town in Quebec. A much-loved school teacher is found murdered with a strange wound and no weapon. The community is horrified because nothing like this has every happened in their small town. Chief Inspector Gamache and Inspector Beauvoir are on the case, and whether they like it or not, the victim's best friend Clara is there to help. There's also a new cop with her own ideas who makes some trouble for the team.

The more they dig into the murder, the more unsavory secrets about the seemingly old-fashioned town come to light. There is a lot of action and investigation packed in these 88 minutes, but it's hard to say more without spoilers. All in all, I thought this was a great show. I'm sort of glad I hadn't read the book yet, because I never saw the ending coming. The actors all did a great job and the Canadian scenery was lovely. If you'd like to get your hands on this awesome DVD, you can find it online at Acorn Media or Amazon.





10 comments:

Shannon said...

This sounds like something my mom and in-laws would love. Thank you for sharing.

An Apel a Day said...

This sounds good. I love mysteries. They just keep me involved. They make me want to keep reading, or watching to see what happens next.

Sarah Matos said...

I love crime dramas and mystery. This looks like an excellent read

Unknown said...

I love a good mystery book, I'm going to check this one out!

Sarah Hayes said...

this looks like a great mystery read! thanks for sharing

momo said...

I really like reading a great murder mystery book, sounds awesome-

Unknown said...

These sound interesting.

Unknown said...

My taste

Buddy Garrett said...

I love a good mystery. Thanks.

momo said...

I like reading a good murder mystery every now and then-